Sign in to follow this  
Peter Gariepy

MTFCA Forum - Best Place To Discuss Model Ts!

Engine color. Looking for knowledgable T owners for help. I'm restoring 1925 model T coupe and currently focusing on the engine. Can anyone tell me the color of the engine when it left the factory? Thanks

The MTFCA forum is a GREAT site....so much fun to see what gets posted, even the Off Topic posts.......I don't own a T but sure do read the forum on a regular basis!!

had same problem. You must really seal both starter gaskets well, use silicone (gray or blue on either side of each gasket. I know this involves pulling the starter which is a royal pain but it's the only way to do it right. square gasket on engine side, round cover gasket on driver's side of firewall.

Important note; Before removing a model T starter to perform any sort of maintenance to it, REMOVE THE BENDIX ASSEMBLY from the back end of the starter. Failure to do so may result in serious damage to the magneto coil (if the T still has one). Repair or replacement of the magneto coil is a MUCH bigger job than removing a starter. So you do not wish to damage it.

Glad I looked in here and saw the recent addition.

Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

(A regular on the mtfca.com forum. Yes, it is a great place for model T people.

Hi, There is a 1914 model t tourabout on orlando s Craigslist for $9000, not sure if it's a good deal or not,probably not original but looks good on pictures has ruxel  rear end. Any information appreciated thanks, Greg.

Here's the link >>> https://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/d/1914-ford-model/6637898260.html

When it comes to value the devil is in the details but the Ruxtel rear end is a big deal.

If you simply want a fun car, IF what is stated in the ad is true and you don't want to hand crank the engine I think it's a pretty darn good deal, correct or not.