1924 Oldsmobile Touring Car

Very clean and straight car. Super dry/never rusted High Desert car. All panels and present not dented. 

Chassis has had amateur restoration, engine gone though and nearly ready to fire up.  

Has the optional/upgrade steel disc wheels. 

Top bows are present for patterns. 

I have a good title for 4 door Oldsmobile 

$3500

8D9D47C9-469D-414E-8836-07BA4E50778A.jpeg

A6AE0A9F-915D-48F0-92C6-7559923722E3.jpeg

I agree. I thought he would put $10,000 or such on there.  Not a lot of folks doing car restorations for these older 20's cars but I think it would be fun.  Just dig in, do the best you can, get help when you need it, and enjoy.     The interesting aspect to me is - the older the generation of car, the less I know about them.  Does it have a 6 cylinder, straight?  OHV or flathead?  V8?  I know some old Oldsmobiles had V8's.  Wheelbase?  Is this a larger series (longer, bigger displacement engine) or one of the smaller ones? 

• Like 1

I should’ve had you guys help write my ad..

Yes, bring the wife and enjoy some wine tasting and when she reaches the proper BAC level, let her know you’re buying another old car!

—- Come check out the car and you will get to see an actual working winery and I’d be more than happy to give you a tasting. Find a bottle you like and I’ll work it into the purchase 🤓

• Haha 1

The 1924 Model 30 Oldsmobile motor had 169 cu. in. and 42 h.p. The 5-Pass. touring car was called a 30-BT. Over 10,000 of these were sold in '24, their most popular body style. All Oldsmobiles were Model 30s this year...overall sales about 40,000.

1923 was the last year for the 1916-23 run of the early Olds V-8(233 cu. in., 54 h.p. for the Model 47).

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

If my memory serves me right the Hillbillies truck was an economy truck that had a four cylinder engine.  Maybe someone else can confirm that .  The 1916- 23 olds v-8s were actually two totally different engines.  The 247 cubic engine was built from 16 to 23 in models 44, 45, and 46 and the totally different 233 cubic inch model 47 was built from 1921-1923.  The model 30 six cylinder like this one would not be right for a Hillbilly truck.

• 2 years later...

As a favor, I’m listing the car here again. Gentleman that purchased it is in poor health and his wife asked me to help sell it for her. Great car / great deal. She’d like to recoup the $3400 they paid. It would help them greatly. 
it’s still here at my place, untouched, unmoved and stored inside dry building located in the high desert of Central Washington. 
feel free to email with any questions. My preference is for you to send me your phone number and let me know when would be best to call you. 
Thanks - Greg

I can take pictures of anything you’d like. It’s fairly dark and tight where it’s parked so a full broad shot isn’t possible today. 
As for parts it doesn’t have- Just wear items. Tires, upholstery, top material. All the sheet metal is in place and and in beautiful shape. 
Cousin didn’t last being on the road… so I don’t have a resource for delivering it anymore. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I went looking for your post late yesterday and found these additions.  I had followed you a couple of years ago when you were initially trying to sell the Olds.  I found it interesting in that as a kid living in Spokane I bought a '24 (early) Sport Touring and ave been trying off and on to run it down for about 4-years.  The last I knew in the mid '60's it sat unrestored in an equipment building like yours on a farm in the Spokane Valley.  I'm an old AACA member and someone suggested to me I use the forum, didn't even know about it.  Anyway, is there any chance that you may have heard of my car?  Following is what I have posted.

In short, I am looking for this 1924 (early model 30) Oldsmobile Sport Touring. Sorry for the poor quality of the photo but it came from a very old small print.  The other one is a factory photo of a Sport Touring.

In 1954 I bought this Olds from a farm near Priest River, ID. I was 14 at the time and lived with my parents in Spokane, WA. My Dad and I hauled it home on a company truck and after several hours of cleaning the gas tank and fuel lines, changing oil and plugs I had it running.

Anyway, the last I knew, around '64 or '65 the Olds sat unrestored in the large equipment shop on a farm in the Spokane Valley. I moved to Virginia in 1966 and just recently came across the photo. I turned 82 this fall, I would like to find this and hopefully, buy it one more time as my first and more than likely, last antique automobile purchase.  By the way, I paid $5 for it and still have the receipt.

I know finding this is a very long shot, it could be anywhere, but I would appreciate fellow collectors spreading the word.

Thank you, Gary L Green

1924 Oldsmobile Sport Touring.jpg

1924 Oldsmobile Sport Touring Factory Photo.jpg

• Like 3