Identifying an Auburn trunk

Louis Mian

On 3/22/2019 at 7:51 AM, Curti said:

If it is indeed a Auburn trunk ( which I don't believe it is)  It is not 1931 - 1936. 

If it fits a 31-34 Auburn luggage rack via its dimensions that is fine and an Auburn owner may welcome it, though from everything I have seen it is not the trunk you would have bought from the factory accessory brochure (a painted metal trunk top opening front folding with chrome hardware and it was absolutely the most miserable search project for a trunk that I was ever part of).   It could be proper for a 28-30 though (I think that was more a mixed bag as they say) - just depends on its size (when I bought the trunk for the 1929 cabriolet, I did it by size and I would have been pleased to find a trunk this nice - which I did, though it was a lot of work to find a decent original leather/vinyl trunk in correct size). 

On 3/21/2019 at 8:20 PM, Louis Mian said:

I'm looking to identify an Auburn trunk

On what basis do you think it is for an Auburn?

There were a number of trunk makers active in the '20s and early '30s. Is there any identification of the maker on it? That looks a bit plain to be for an Auburn.

It probably came with a couple of leather suitcases originally. They fitted inside.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Curti said:

I would love to find suit cases !   Does any one know if Potter supplied anything with their trunks?

Check this out....https://www.google.com/search?q=Vintage+auto+trunk+luggage+photo&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiu07X015vhAhWJuZ4KHZVTAx0QsAR6BAgKEAE&biw=1056&bih=520

6 hours ago, Spinneyhill said:

What has this got to do with the trunk?

(Poster hasn't been back since his original post.)

Posibly nothing, there was a glitch in the forum a couple days ago and it could have switched pictures seeing as the OP didn’t edit the post, nor had he been back since...