Buicknutty

New Garage for my Buicks

Well, here is the next stage in the new garage, a two post lift. A commercial grade Challenger 10,000 lb lift. This has a great deal of flexibility, the arms have three extensions to reach out to where ever you need to lift the car from, and several extensions for the lift pads, again depending on the vehicle I'm working on.

This is likely more lift than I will ever need, and perhaps over-bought, but I wanted one that was as safe as possible, and that could accommodate the wide variety of vehicles we have here.

Also, this is the new home of the '56 Roadmaster, and the Electra, due to the depth of the garage, these cars fit with lots of room to spare.

Keith

• Like 1

That looks great Keith!

Agree with you on the lift choice, better to be safe than sorry.

I won't be able to put that kind of lift in my garage as I won't have the height due to building code restrictions... 

I could do like you and move I suppose but will look at other lift options to work on the cars when the time comes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dei said:

Agree with you on the lift choice, better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks, me too. I'm sure that they are all safe, but others I looked at had welding which looked like it had been done by amateurs.

Keith

Garage is looking great Keith, really nice!!!!

Do we get to see the garage this weekend, Keith? Looking forward to seeing you and the Buicks!

Thanks guys, and yes, Matt, if you are here, you will see the new lift in the new garage. Being in the country, the height restrictions aren't as tight, even though we aren't classed as agricultural, I could still have it built with enough height for a lift to go in.

Keith

• Like 1