Buicknutty

New Garage for my Buicks

Well, here is the next stage in the new garage, a two post lift. A commercial grade Challenger 10,000 lb lift. This has a great deal of flexibility, the arms have three extensions to reach out to where ever you need to lift the car from, and several extensions for the lift pads, again depending on the vehicle I'm working on.

This is likely more lift than I will ever need, and perhaps over-bought, but I wanted one that was as safe as possible, and that could accommodate the wide variety of vehicles we have here.

Also, this is the new home of the '56 Roadmaster, and the Electra, due to the depth of the garage, these cars fit with lots of room to spare.

Keith

• Like 1

Benefits of AACA Membership.

That looks great Keith!

Agree with you on the lift choice, better to be safe than sorry.

I won't be able to put that kind of lift in my garage as I won't have the height due to building code restrictions... 

I could do like you and move I suppose but will look at other lift options to work on the cars when the time comes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dei said:

Agree with you on the lift choice, better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks, me too. I'm sure that they are all safe, but others I looked at had welding which looked like it had been done by amateurs.

Keith

Garage is looking great Keith, really nice!!!!

Do we get to see the garage this weekend, Keith? Looking forward to seeing you and the Buicks!

Thanks guys, and yes, Matt, if you are here, you will see the new lift in the new garage. Being in the country, the height restrictions aren't as tight, even though we aren't classed as agricultural, I could still have it built with enough height for a lift to go in.

Keith

• Like 1

Well, here are a couple of pictures of the floor coating, this is a two part Rustoleum "expoxy", with the sprinkles to add an anti slip factor to it.

I did one bay at a time, as the paint, once mixed has a limited pot life. Just like doing a car, the prep is what takes the time, and is the hardest part. In the past, a muriactic acid was recomended, but for this product it is a citric acid. Then lots and lots of rinsing, and a day to dry.

With the floor fully cured, the cars are back in, and should soon have heat. I have a contractor coming to do a final plan for the amount of materials needed on Friday, for the installation of two small suspended units, natural gas fired heaters. The reason for two, is to back each other up, and so that only one can be used in moderately cool weather, like we have now, and run the two in very cold weather, esp if one or more of the bay doors have been opened to warm the space back up quickly.

Keith

GarageFlr1.jpg

GarageFlr2.jpg

• Like 3

Excellent Keith!

Looks great.  Now for the rest of us to put bets on when it will be so full you will not be able to walk around. :)

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2019 at 1:50 PM, Buicknutty said:

Well, here are a couple of pictures of the floor coating, this is a two part Rustoleum "expoxy", with the sprinkles to add an anti slip factor to it.

I did one bay at a time, as the paint, once mixed has a limited pot life. Just like doing a car, the prep is what takes the time, and is the hardest part. In the past, a muriactic acid was recomended, but for this product it is a citric acid. Then lots and lots of rinsing, and a day to dry.

With the floor fully cured, the cars are back in, and should soon have heat. I have a contractor coming to do a final plan for the amount of materials needed on Friday, for the installation of two small suspended units, natural gas fired heaters. The reason for two, is to back each other up, and so that only one can be used in moderately cool weather, like we have now, and run the two in very cold weather, esp if one or more of the bay doors have been opened to warm the space back up quickly.

Keith

GarageFlr1.jpg

GarageFlr2.jpg

Man that is NICE!!!!!! 

• Thanks 1