1929 Pontiac big six

chris earl uk

Hi all, I'm in England and have purchased a really nice stock 1929 Pontiac big six sedan, I've got a few buicks and know exactly where to go stateside for my spares after years of trial and error with different sources to keep them on the road, any advice for the best contact for general consumable items , tune up kit, gaskets, etc etc would be appreciated. NEW or old stock .its looking like this old Pontiac is going to be tougher to get BASIC parts for than my early buicks. Thank you kind regards, Chris.

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.  Here in Canada I find that NAPA and Bumper to Bumper have all the general consumables that I need.  Much easier to find them today than back in 1959 when I started driving my "New Series Big Six".  At 500,000 miles I have just completed my third engine overhaul but that is a whole different can of worms than usual consumables.  PM me if you like, I have Body and Chassis parts books as well as shop manuals and five different books describing the operation and repair of your "Midland Steeldraulic" brakes.

If you enjou your Pontiac half as much as I have enjoyed mine you will have a great time.

14 hours ago, Tinindian said:

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.  Here in Canada I find that NAPA and Bumper to Bumper have all the general consumables that I need.  Much easier to find them today than back in 1959 when I started driving my "New Series Big Six".  At 500,000 miles I have just completed my third engine overhaul but that is a whole different can of worms than usual consumables.  PM me if you like, I have Body and Chassis parts books as well as shop manuals and five different books describing the operation and repair of your "Midland Steeldraulic" brakes.

If you enjou your Pontiac half as much as I have enjoyed mine you will have a great time.

Although I do not have a Pontiac, I have found that Tinindian offers excellent advise on this forum. 

He has been very helpful to many others that are new to this forum and the old car hobby.

This is just another example....

• Like 1