Motor mount info needed

Shaffer

I think my 92 Park Avenue may soon need a motor mount. Sometimes, when I accelerate moderately from a stop, it seems like I can hear the engine "clunk" immedietly upon acceleration. My old 71 Caprice did this and it did need a motor mount. I am not sure if this particular noise is normal on this car however. It is not bad, but noticable. If it is, are they expensive to replace? I think the parts are $100. I may call a local repair shop tomorrow on my lunch hour and see how much to replace if it is bad. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I have hesitated about getting it replaced. Anyway- today it was confirmed it is the transmission mount, rather than the motor mount. When my dad looked at it last week- he said he thought it was the transmission mount. It was lifting on the left front, when I accelerated while holding the brakes. It is the mount of the driverside front. I paid for it today at Advance auto parts, and ordered it and it will be there tomorrow. It was $36. Local repair shop, where we usually take our cars said they would replace the motor mount for $50, but that is when I thought it was the motor mount- not the transmission mount. Maybe it will be easier to replace and cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the Buick into the shop yesterday and they finished it in 30 minutes, but I had dropped it off and could not get back before they closed to get it, so I got it this morning. It cost $35, which was not bad at all. It is much better now, without that "clunk" upon heavy and quick acceleration. The mechanic said it was broken in two places. It was the mount on the driver front. Was told it was the transmission mount, but also sometimes referred to as- motor mount as well. Thanks for all of the info.