28 DB Senior master Cylinder

Ron Lawson

I am in the process of rebuilding the M/C from my 2249 Senior and I made a startling discovery The M/C on my car had the threaded plug hole with the thread external on the lid that is held on by 6 bolts I have 2 other spares that I have collected over the years and on of them was the same as the one from my car However the other one has the thread internal on the lid .I assumed that someone had put the odd one out together wrong until I checked the spare parts book and it clearly shows the thread internally in the M/C  I wonder how many others are around with the M/C lid on upside down 

2 hours ago, Ron Lawson said:

Sorry Stakeside I am a technology retard when it comes to computers  Can't work out how to post photos

You or Kerry can always send me the photos and I can post them.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

I recently acquired a very early (December 1927) Victory Six with internal threads on the top of the master cylinder. Absolutely every other Victory master cylinder I have is the other way around. I am guessing that this is the early design. Also a very different fill cap on the early one without the one-way valve.