Dad’s ‘48 Willys Jeepster

victorialynn2

Some of you may recall this Jeepster project of my father’s that I had for sale. @JACK M purchased it from me after I drug it home to Oregon from Texas. 

I had the pleasure of seeing how he’s put it all together and even was able to go for a ride. It was really heartwarming to see dad’s project finally whole. Thanks Jack. 💕

Jack is selling this very original Jeepster and bringing it to a swap meet in the beginning of April. Please contact him if you know someone who might be interested. 

43841BA1-8AFB-4CF4-9EC3-032536502ABA.jpeg

8B430585-F7D9-44E0-A37A-962EE1484008.jpeg

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mark Shaw said:

I will be at that Swap Meet.  What is the asking price?

Hi Mark, I just texted @JACK M to ask him. He usually checks this forum in the mornings when he’s home, also.

It came out really nice. Interesting to note, I read that they are the last of the “real” phaetons and I’m sure you know they didn’t make many. I’ve never seen one as original as this one. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

My second car was a 47 Willy's Wagon that apparently was an ambulance with barn doors in back. 

Before I bought it, mine was made into a sleeper with a 389 Pontiac V8 hiding under the hood...  But it was the same colors as my canoe and had a great roof rack with rollers on the back.  The first photo below is my buddy Mitch in the whit T shirt and a me in shorts when I was just a skinny high school kid.  Note: the white poles are for a sail canoe rig we made with a bed sheet and closet poles.  

The second photo is my current 24 Buick truck and wood strip canoe (now for sale).  

Jeep with canoe.jpg

24 PU Canoe 3.jpg

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Looking good, Jack M and VL2!  Jack, good luck with the sale.  I brought my 1948 out today for the first time this year after a long, wet, and cold winter to air up the tires and top off the anti-corrosion radiator additive in preparation for a 100-mile ALS benefit run on Sunday.  This is my second Jeepster, acquired as 3rd owner in 2009.  I had a well-worn 1949 from 1981 to 2012.  They are great fun to drive!

20190319_191259.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks all,

Thank You for the compliment Cranbrook.

Mark, my booth is on the chicane off of the end of the drag strip at PIR. 

Stop on by and introduce yourself if you get the chance. (needless to say this goes for all of my friends here) The space number escapes me at the moment, but I will try and remember to post it up here.

I am asking $17,500. (dead presidents ONLY)

As part of my work I redid the heat riser in the exhaust manifold, That cured the leak in the exhaust and I drove it 50 or 60 miles with no problems, but one of the bushings that I replaced blew out yesterday.

So I decided not to fight that any more as that bushing seemed loose when I put it in, so I ordered a brand new exhaust manifold with that riser assembly already installed.

It has been shipped UPS from South Carolina and I am in hopes that it arrives in time to put it on the engine. The tracking is saying middle of next week so should have time.

If not it may come new in the box with the car.

Grimy, I like those colors on yours. These are indeed great fun to drive.

Good paint, fresh engine, new interior, new top, new brakes, new tires, bla, bla, bla.

Good to go. It drives just like a 70 year old car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JACK M said:

Thanks all,

Thank You for the compliment Cranbrook.

Mark, my booth is on the chicane off of the end of the drag strip at PIR. 

Stop on by and introduce yourself if you get the chance. (needless to say this goes for all of my friends here) The space number escapes me at the moment, but I will try and remember to post it up here.

I am asking $17,500. (dead presidents ONLY)

As part of my work I redid the heat riser in the exhaust manifold, That cured the leak in the exhaust and I drove it 50 or 60 miles with no problems, but one of the bushings that I replaced blew out yesterday.

So I decided not to fight that any more as that bushing seemed loose when I put it in, so I ordered a brand new exhaust manifold with that riser assembly already installed.

It has been shipped UPS from South Carolina and I am in hopes that it arrives in time to put it on the engine. The tracking is saying middle of next week so should have time.

If not it may come new in the box with the car.

Grimy, I like those colors on yours. These are indeed great fun to drive.

Good paint, fresh engine, new interior, new top, new brakes, new tires, bla, bla, bla.

Good to go. It drives just like a 70 year old car.

So i guess this means you won't take The Donald in trade?

22 hours ago, JACK M said:

What is the cruising speed?

And does it fit a tall guy?

Jack,

I drove it in a caravan of Buicks from Vancouver to Bellevue WA for the BCA National Meet.  We missed a turn and had to jump on I-5 for about ten miles and cruised at about 55 mph with no issues.  After the meet, we drove to Anacortes WA for the BCA Prewar Div. After Tour as well as several other tours over the years.  

And, yes, it will fit a tall guy since the roadster top was custom made.  Send me a PM and I will email more photos to include the complete tool kit, jack, etc. 

24 PU New Top.JPG

24 PU New Top 2.JPG

End of the World Rod Run 2009.jpg

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)