1941 Buick Roadmaster Convertible SCAM! ALERT!

E-mail the "seller" that you live close by,

and you're going to examine the car before the

auction ends.  If he says, "Great, please come!"

he is probably legitimate;  if he gives you the runaround,

he's probably dishonest.

Thank you for pointing this out.  We hobbyists have to

stick together.

I just emailed him and asked him for details that are not possible to determine.  I'm not expecting an answer.  In the past and on other suspect ads, I've emailed and asked if they were willing to part the car out.  Absurd yes, but when they suggest they might consider it I know they are fishing for a sucker.

Here's the same car for sale in Hemmings for about $75,000.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/buick/roadmaster/2203425.html

Edited by kgreen (see edit history)

8 hours ago, kgreen said:

I just emailed him and asked him for details that are not possible to determine.  I'm not expecting an answer.  In the past and on other suspect ads, I've emailed and asked if they were willing to part the car out.  Absurd yes, but when they suggest they might consider it I know they are fishing for a sucker.

Here's the same car for sale in Hemmings for about $75,000.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/buick/roadmaster/2203425.html

Good work! Thats the advert he lifted the photos from. I'm pretty sure this is the same guy who tried the same thing last week with another Buick from Hemmings that Matt Harwood had listed. I had emailed the seller asking if it was ok for a friend who lived in the area to come by for a looksee and he did not reply. I reported it to Ebay and they gave him the boot and closed the auction but here he is again with another car which I also reported. I think the members here are to smart to go for his scam. He definitely thinks Buicks are good bait but he likely has several other makes listed. If it seems to good to be true its a scam!