What is my body style?

I am hoping you olds experts can help me with my problem. I have a 1973 Delta 88 4dr hardtop that was my grandparents and I used to use it for everyday driving. Its been parked for about a year and a half now with 84,000 miles on it. Im tired of my 71 chevelle and decided to start in on the olds. I want a high performance suspension like poly bushings and tubular control and trailing arms but do not know what type of body I have. I would really appreciate any help. Its fun playing with the rice rocket hondas in the chevelle but a 4dr 88 would really [censored] em off. Thanks for your help. You can email me at chev71364@aol.com

71 chevelle, 95 towncar, 73 88 royale, 79 bronco

If you have a Delta 88, your body style is BL39. A Delta 88 Royale is a BN39.

B= General Motors "B" body (fullsize car)

L and N are trim level codes

39 is GM-speak for a four door hardtop sedan (no center post between side windows)

Doubt you'll find any tubular suspension components, but polyurethane or polygraphite bushings should be available. These cars were also available with cop car suspension from the factory which really turned them into handlers, even as big as they were. Higher spring rates, quick steering box and outsized sway bars. They're the same underneath as a 1973 Caprice/Impala, so anything that works on those should work on the Olds.

Thank you for the information, you have been a tremendous help. You must really know your oldsmobiles. Now to start in on the project, someday I hope to go to an olds car event until then keep up the great work guys.

Chris Madden