Co-op Type associations / clubs

bnwbass

Hello all,

New to the Forums and seeking some advice.  Are there any organizations (reputable) that embrace a co-op type approach to help folks manage restoration projects by providing guidance and resources.

I have a project that requires a major restoration, I am not afraid of doing the work and know my way around autos, for the last thirty years doing most work on my own cars.  However, restoring a vehicle as you all know requires different skill sets and resources.  I am willing to pay for space and to tap into folks willing to share their knowledge.  Do these communities exist?

TiA

BW   

Join your local club and the national marque club. Those will be the best resources you can find. The best approach, for those following, is to join the clubs before you buy the car and use all the resources of the club to buy the best possible car you can get.

If you are looking for cooperative working and storage space, with access to tools and equipment, with expert help in the next bay or close at hand, that is a little more communal than I have seen in the hobby.

For years I have been saying there are a minimum of three hundred $100 jobs on a major project. Maybe I will list them and make a guide book for my swan song.

Many cars have much more support than others. What do you have?

Bernie

• Like 3

I knew of a business model similar to this concept, in our southwestern Ohio regional area. Lots of available bays, major tools available to borrow, and all folks using the bays for their own repairs or restorations were expected to help each other with advice and extra hands, in a spirit of camaraderie and mutual support. Seemed like such a neat idea. It quickly built up a SMALL following, but could not survive financially that way. Too bad....