Ho- Lo gear box oil

Ok Guys,

I am changing all the fluids in a '31 Chrysler Imperial and the engine tx and rear end are easy as they all have fill / check / level checking holes 'cept the engine which has a dip stick.

Now my question is ..... how much of what goes in the Hi - Lo range box just aft of the tx ?

There is a fill plug up top and a drain plug, and what looks like a cast in provision on the drivers side but it was never drilled and tapped for a level checking plug.

I scoured the instruction book and this box is not illustrated.

I can pour in a "measured" amount using wife's measuring cup, but I don't want to overfill it.

So......I need to know from someone with a similar set up, how much.

Thanks in advance,

Mike in Colorado

PS; Never mind. Page 43 of the '35 instruction book states the any excess oil poured into the overdrive box will flow out thru the TX level check hole. = problem solved.

I will leave this post up for those who follow and do a similar search.

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)

All taken care of.

I filled the Tx and Hi-LO thru a big plug in the top of the Hi-Lo and used the side check plug hole in the Tx as a drain.

When she started to drip, I knew they were both at the proper level and sealed her up.

More and more I am beginning to believe she has a 34 -35 engine in her.

Distributor sticks out the drivers side of the block and no vacuum advance, and only one set of points in it.

Mike in Colorado