1919 Model T

Summershandy

I thought I'd post some pics of a car just put up for sale in my town. The old "selling for health reasons". I haven't personally seen it and don't have the cash on hand at the moment but these cars have always intrigued me. Here's what I know. Mostly restored, garage stored past 10 years and ran when parked. Asking $10,000 CDN which is currently $7,000 USD. What do some of you think? 

$_59 (1).JPG

$_59 (2).JPG

$_59 (3).JPG

$_59 (4).JPG

$_59.JPG

• 1 month later...

Don't know if I want to say anything or not. But questions asked should be answered. 

It appears to be a Canadian touring car (Since it is in Canada, why shouldn't it be?). It has several Canadian T features. The slanted windshield frame appeared on Canadian cars about two years (maybe three? Still some debate on that) before the slanted windshield appeared on USA cars for the 1923 model. The Canadian windshield also has both upper and lower frames folding whereas the USA cars only had the top frame fold (bottom half was fixed in the frame). The "one man top" also appeared in Canada well before it did on the USA  produced cars. People familiar with USA Ts would automatically say it was a '23 to '25, if it is the low hood/radiator which I think it is, most would instantly guess 1923. However, being Canadian, it may be as early as a 1920 with that top and windshield.

As to condition and value. A couple pictures don't tell us much. However, the top and the interior are very poorly done. Not the worst I have seen, but not good at all. Can't see a lot of the rest of it, however the long lower radiator hose and no steel connector pipe also indicate some corners were cut in its restoration. No telling how much work would be required mechanically to have a sound tour car. But with a few "red flags" already? 7000 USD is about the most it might be worth here, a little more if it runs really well. Local markets vary depending on local interest and demands. It could be worth a bit more or less there.