nzcarnerd

Big circa 1925 sedan - in profile?

Recommended Posts

This photo was taken in the town of Kaeo, in the far north of New Zealand in 1932. The big sedan caught my attention - maybe a Jordan ? - or a big Hup? Or?

 

 

Kaeo 1932 copy.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks to be the same view in 2013. The two story building on the right at the far end is, I think, the building under the blue arrow.

image.thumb.png.fd454b30cb6902bb845a41d9888a1e70.png

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely about three years younger than 1925. The oldest car seems to be the Ford Modell T Centerdoor with its oval rear window, made before August 1923.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Casper Friederich said:

Surely about three years younger than 1925. The oldest car seems to be the Ford Modell T Centerdoor with its oval rear window, made before August 1923.

 

The photo date is 1932. On the left is a Ford AA.

 

Kaeo is in one of the more remote parts of the country and there would be few new or new-ish cars there.

 

There were very few new cars sold in NZ in 1932 and 1933.

 

Even today the average age of the New Zealand vehicle fleet is 14 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest the sedan in question is '29 or '30 going by the line of the front fender and the angle of the spare tire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tinindian said:

I would suggest the sedan in question is '29 or '30 going by the line of the front fender and the angle of the spare tire.

Also the shape and verticality of the windscreen pillar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

 

The photo date is 1932. On the left is a Ford AA.

 

Kaeo is in one of the more remote parts of the country and there would be few new or new-ish cars there.

 

There were very few new cars sold in NZ in 1932 and 1933.

 

Even today the average age of the New Zealand vehicle fleet is 14 years.

Looks like the truck might be a Ford BB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What caught my attention with this one was the relatively long hood and short front door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is an enlarged view.  Note that the car appears to have the parking lights on the cowl, just to the rear of the hood.

 

Unknown NZ R1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is a Nash about 1927-28. The paint between the reveal mouldings on the rear door is two toned which was a Nash feature at thar time.  Also the cowl lamps are close to the front of the cowl, a Nash feature as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now