Greetings

Voiceboy

Hello all! I just wanted to join/post here. I've been lurking since July, when I bought a 1990 Reatta. I had just had a nasty surgery and the next several months were to be tough. I bought it because it needed some tlc and I did too hahaha. My wife said this car made me well and now I'm not allowed to sell it. 

I've used this group's advice often in the last several months. My Reatta now has a new brake accumulator (I can give you my source if you wish) and a new cam shaft interrupter magnet, all thanks to you folks! So, thank you. I'll include a picture. She only has 70k on her and runs REALLY well. 

IMG_20190315_191034485.jpg

Edited by Voiceboy
Typo (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Very nice looking 1990...... Just a few comments.... put the year of your car and at least the state where you live in your information,  later if you are looking for something, people will know the year of your car and if they live close to you they might have the part you need and that would help.    Also if you send me the vin number I will add your car to the database.  With only 70K miles it has a lot of miles left in her.  Hard to tell from the photo but I don't see a pinstripe on the car,   so you either have a pinstripe delete car or something has happened to the pinstripe.  Please tell us where you found the new accumulator and the price.

I went to the pick-n-pull yesterday looking for a HVAC controller and found one on a 1990 Seville touring sedan as well as a good antenna and it had the Teves unit.    Since I only have a 1991,  I have no way of testing the accumulator that was on the Seville.

Haha on the draft! I will be more thorough with my info. I just joined this morning 🌞😁. Ok... My accumulator was done by Power Brake XChange in Pittsburgh. With the core exchange the cost was $255 plus shipping. It took me a while to find these folks. They specialize in these brake systems and have been working on them since the inception. I hope that helps. Also, there are pinstripes (gold in color) it was just a little too dusky out to see them. Thanks y'all!

Hey guys. I was out of town... WITH MY REATTA! I drove down to Shreveport to gamble a bit. The car was spot on! Lots of looks.

I will take a pic of the recharged accumulator tomorrow. It's the same as original except for a nipple/valve offset at the top. It is well placed for hood clearance etc.