Sign in to follow this  
Pete Phillips

'33 seen for sale at Chickasha, OK. Pre-War swap today

This beautiful and rare 1933 sport coupe, model 56-S, was for sale today at the Chickasha, OK. annual Pre-War Swap meet. Belonged to the late Randy Dekker; his wife had it for sale, asking price of $31,000 if I remember correctly.  I don't care for the silver side stripe, but everything else on the car looked 100% correct and beautiful. If anyone is seriously interested, I can put you in contact with her.

IMG_1734.JPG

IMG_1735.JPG

• Like 2

Pete -- Do you know if this car has the rumbleseat as indicated by the "sport coupe" designation?  It appears to be missing window-crank and door-handle escutcheons.  Did you notice anything else amiss on this car?  Paint looks a little less than pristine -- was this car dusty when you took the photos?    Thanks for posting this!

I saw you just asked. In case Pete doesn't check for a while, look at the pics he posted under Pre - War. Folks at Chick'. Very R.S.   -   CC 

Got it!  Thanks!   Geez -- I don't care for the silver treatment either.  Otherwise a knockout.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, she's a  knockout for sure. And, unlike love in the human realm, when it comes to old cars, you don't have to totally "love 'em like they are". "Confuse Us" say : "Fool try change partner, car much more cooperative !"  😍 !             -                                                                           -    C "Confuse Us" Carl

Edited by C Carl
Change spacing (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

I`m with the other comments about the silver stripe, more so around the windows than the belt line. Other thing that stood out to me was the fitment of the passenger door, the way it kicked out about 1 inch at the bottom, usually a sign of bad wood or the diagonal rod loose at the bottom.

e-s-c-u-t-c-h-e-o-n-s.   (Pete, I'd trade my spelling skills for useful ones, like metalworking 🙄 )

Yes I forgot that the car had the silver accents when we visited Randy at his home.

DSCF4964.thumb.JPG.1d728463c41adb3e01d36ec315a9e8dd.JPG

Larry Schramm and Randy in the back round after Chickasha 2016.

• Like 3