Hershey camping

trimacar

I know this topic has been discussed before, but this is the first year I'll really pay attention!

I've been bringing a small camper and staying at my spots to sell.  This year, I'll have a big travel trailer, and need to be off site.

what are best campgrounds close to Hershey?  We'd prefer a place to hook up utilities.

Thanks!  Dc

• Like 1

Short drive to the fields.  Guess KOA or similar is probably our best bet.

I had a small Aliner trailer that I've used the past 4 or so years, easy to get on and off the field (and yes I vended too), for my birthday my wife bought me (us?) a 30 foot travel trailer, it's great but changes dynamics of the Hershey trip.....

I have stayed at Hersheypark campgrounds on and off for thirty years.........always fun....especially the trains going by several times durning the night.........shake, rattle, and roll!

• 2 years later...

So @trimacar, wondering where you (and other campers) might have stayed this year. We've camped at the Elizabethtown KOA for the last two years and highly recommend it. Both times we were at the bottom of the hill next to the woods and within 150 of the bath house which are individual bathrooms with showers and are always clean. Very quiet. There were very few campers when we checked in on Tuesday but probably full by Saturday. Less than 30 minute drive to Hershey Stadium ie Red field.  There are several good restaurants on the way in  for breakfast as well as on way back for dinner, our favorite this year was the Hershey Bistro with a breakfast buffet and a great dinner menu with pretty smiling waitresses. Hope to see some of you there next year. 

11EFA0C3-62A3-4175-9D17-E463E019D586.jpeg.5851bbe0697e95e4b5b61f229b43b093.jpeg

Surrounded by Hawthorns and walnut and hickory trees. In fact, walnuts can be quite loud and shocking hitting the top of the camper at 2:00 in morning. Could have been avoided had I noticed what was overhead when setting up. 

F81C2BC1-BC97-4721-B596-058062450A2D.jpeg.77168af70c758164b993b87bdf571870.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Looks like a nice campground!

We stayed at Hersheypark Campground Resort, as mentioned a few minute drive from the fields.  

About 65 a night so not cheap, but convenient when your wife leaves her phone at the space on the field and you have to go back!

Trains rumbled during night but we barely heard them.

There were open spaces, not many but some.  

• Like 1