STEERING BOX REBUILD - SAN DIEGO

Sactownog

Anyone know where I can get my Steering box rebuilt in San Diego? I took it to AES (Automotive Exchange Services) and they have had to rebuild it twice now. 

not sure if they know what they are doing or if it is a fluke, however, I will be taking Steering box/shaft out of car for a 3rd time to try and have it rebuilt by them again UNDER WARRANTY! 

however if that does not work, then I will be in need of a new place to Rebuild the Steering Box in my 33 Dodge. 

Once they rebush the sector shaft and replace the bearings, there isn't much more than can do if it still has slack in the steering wheel. That is a worn worm and that involves a new worm and perhaps sector. Mine still has about 20 mm of slack in the wheel rim. The sector shaft was bushed so I could feel no lateral movement.

55 minutes ago, Spinneyhill said:

Once they rebush the sector shaft and replace the bearings, there isn't much more than can do if it still has slack in the steering wheel. That is a worn worm and that involves a new worm and perhaps sector. Mine still has about 20 mm of slack in the wheel rim. The sector shaft was bushed so I could feel no lateral movement.

i have had this steering rebuilt 2 times. 1st time the wheel was SUPER stiff, NOW THE WHEEL has about 1/8 turn of slack before hitting left to right side of steering. 

I have no adjustment on the top of the steering box, when I sent it in, it was a whole lot better, I actually feel I should have left it alone, but to late now. :(