Sign in to follow this  
MrEarl

‘65 Riviera GS

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Mr. Earl,

YOU NEED TO BUY THIS CAR FOR RITA !!!!!

I would buy it, but I can't get out of my driveway.

Three feet of snow and 60MPH winds now.

Check book is safe for now.

 

Mike in frozen Colorado

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

  Rear emblem is from a `66 Skylark Gran Sport grille and the emblem on the passenger side front fender is in the wrong place. I`m not claiming that the pedigree of the car is not as advertised based on these observations but....just sayin`....

  White custom trim is one of the lowest production trims because it was added mid-year. IF it is an original Gran Sport and IF the exterior color and trim are original, this is a very unusual car.

  Better pics would be nice in this price range,

Tom Mooney

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom, I understand,   this was sent out from the Dixie Chapter and just thought I'd post it here. here is the letter that accompanied it.

 

This is my brother-in-law's 1965 Buick Riviera GS. It's a black beauty with an off-white interior. He has owned it for more than 35 years and restored it to what you see,
Sadly, his health is failing and he needs to sell the car.
This is one of 2300 produced with the 425 "Nailhead" V-8 with DUAL 4bbl. carbs. The odometer reads 58,000 miles.
The car has the long console with the rear armrest, giving the impression of 4 bucket seats. There are 5 Buick 'mag" wheels, including the fullsize spare. Much has been done, including new suspension and tires less than 4 years ago. This car has power seats, power windows, and power antenna. The real wood veneer has also been re-done.
Full disclosure items : The car has manual vent windows (instead of power vent windows, although the "regular" windows are powered). The cruise control is present but not currently functioning. The remote trunk release is present, but not currently functioning.
Highlight item : The famous "clam shell" headlamps are fully functioning !
The car is currently with a consignor in Dania Beach, FL. Here is the link: https://www.berlinermotorcars.com/coupe-for-sale-B100011
Please spread the word with all the car folks we know.
I appreciate the help,
Jon Goff

678-230-5551

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

  Rear emblem is from a `66 Skylark Gran Sport grille and the emblem on the passenger side front fender is in the wrong place. I`m not claiming that the pedigree of the car is not as advertised based on these observations but....just sayin`....

  White custom trim is one of the lowest production trims because it was added mid-year. IF it is an original Gran Sport and IF the exterior color and trim are original, this is a very unusual car.

  Better pics would be nice in this price range,

Tom Mooney

Tom ,

Good catch !

Noticed the rear emblem first and then noticed the right side emblem( Gran Sport ) too far to the rear ,

Bought a early 65 years ago from the original owner that had both sets of emblems mounted

in the correct place . He said he couldn't see the small ones and had the dealer install the later

large emblems in the summer of 65 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FLYER15015 said:

I would buy it, but I can't get out of my driveway.

 

So wait a couple of weeks for the weather to clear,

and add the Riviera to your collection!

Springtime snows can't deter a determined Riviera man---

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

 

So wait a couple of weeks for the weather to clear,

and add the Riviera to your collection!

Springtime snows can't deter a determined Riviera man---

I've had my '65 Riv. bought one in '70 and took a vacation from Iowa to California and back, = 9MPG.

Once burned...........you know the rest.

Been a Lincoln Towncar man ever since.

 

Mike in Colorado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FLYER15015 said:

I've had my '65 Riv. bought one in '70 and took a vacation from Iowa to California and back, = 9MPG.

Once burned...........you know the rest.

Been a Lincoln Towncar man ever since.

 

Mike in Colorado

Mike,

  There was something wrong with your car/speedo or you did the trip at 90MPH! Straight gas without any alcohol should have returned a high of 15-16 MPG at 55-60MPH and a few miles less at 65-70...but certainly not 9MPG....unless you had a 3:42 gear in it as a Gran Sport model has as standard equipment?

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 1965rivgs said:

Mike,

  There was something wrong with your car/speedo or you did the trip at 90MPH! Straight gas without any alcohol should have returned a high of 15-16 MPG at 55-60MPH and a few miles less at 65-70...but certainly not 9MPG....unless you had a 3:42 gear in it as a Gran Sport model has as standard equipment?

Tom

Oh, I forgot to say, coming back from Anaheim, we had a fiberglass dune buggy body tied to the top, and another one 4 down on a tow bar behind us.

Left L.A. with $20.00 cash and an American Express card. You know how few Sinclair stations there are between L.A. and Davenport, Iowa ?

We left a lot of IOU's along the way.

Mike

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this