Vent window crank regulator

Fleetwood Meadow

Hi all, I don’t normally come into the Buick forum because I have yet to buy one. Give me time though and I’ll get there. But I have a ‘52 Cadillac and it seems that Buick and Cadillac had similar features, such as that pesky hydro-lectric window system. I’m battling that right now, if any of you are interested, in the restorations section of this site. But I went to open the driver’s vent window and the know just spun. When I pushed it out further the mechanism caught and it opened. So I took the regulator out and broke it open and found that they used aluminum as the shaft and gears. I can’t find one that actually works and I can’t afford to spend hundreds on the one that I did find. So my question is, did Buick use the same vent window crank as Cadillac? Or does anyone have any suggestions for fixing/repairing what I have? My parts car had a bad driver’s side one but good passenger’s side one. Can I modify that one in some way?

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:24 PM, Meadowfleet said:

. . . So my question is, did Buick use the same vent window crank as Cadillac? . . . 

According to a 1928-1954 Buick Master Body parts book, Buick vent-window regulators were not interchangeable with Cadillacs

Depending on the year, some Buick regulators were interchangeable with some Oldsmobile Models as noted with a "2" after the part number (see below).

1-Scan.thumb.jpg.a6dad6dec0c1b29e2864e7f18f0eb22a.jpg

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1