Pics of 64 and need help with dealer album/advert

emmd61

Hi. 

I am a Buick fan. I have a 60 electra and 64 riviera. Here are some pics of the 64. Does anyone know what dealer advertisement was available for 1964 Riviera? I have a large pamphlet for it but looking for a dealer book sort of item. 

Thanks,

Arthur

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0194.JPG

Edited by emmd61 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hi Arthur,

It sounds like you have the paper brochure or dealer catalog that would have been handed out at the dealer?

Obviously there was quite a bit of printed material but the next level of immersion would be the Salesman`s manual and the color and trim book. I believe I have extra copies of both and would be willing to sell them if you are interested.

There is also a very neat book which was basically a sales drive and very, very scarce called "The Buick Sports Car Rally". This was a program in which salesman were encouraged through suggested marketing techniques to sell more Buicks! There was a rewards program that was conducted on a zone basis and in the east coast zone included a 2 night cruise to nowhere on a cruise ship called the Riviera!!

I`ll see if I can dig up some pictures...

Tom Mooney

1964-buick-dealer-features-facts_1_d6573834710c835a8bf7ff2b9a5a8a65 - Copy.jpg

`64 Buick Color and Trim.jpg

1964 Buick sports car rally.jpg

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 3/12/2019 at 7:58 AM, 1965rivgs said:

There is also a very neat book which was basically a sales drive and very, very scarce called "The Buick Sports Car Rally". This was a program in which salesman were encouraged through suggested marketing techniques to sell more Buicks!

Hi Tom,

As always, you're a source of fascinating trivia on our cars!  Did they have a similar program to the '64 Sports Car Rally to promote the '65 model? 

What dealer promo material was released to promote the '65 Riviera Gran Sport?  

I have a '65 Salesman's Data Book.  What other dealer info was released for the 1965?

Sorry to hijack this thread, which pertains to the '64...

1 hour ago, 65VerdeGS said:

Hi Tom,

As always, you're a source of fascinating trivia on our cars!  Did they have a similar program to the '64 Sports Car Rally to promote the '65 model? 

What dealer promo material was released to promote the '65 Riviera Gran Sport?  

I have a '65 Salesman's Data Book.  What other dealer info was released for the 1965?

Sorry to hijack this thread, which pertains to the '64...

Lol...well, considering that the `65 model year was the kickoff of the whole GS series one knows Buick had to do something, right? Answer to your question is YES..there is a very large vinyl covered binder which I believe was part of a special Gran Sport display offered to dealers as basically a "Gran Sport Sales Center". I have the binder, I`ve only seen 3 of them in 4 decades, and some other trinkets associated with the display. At some point, hopefully in the near future, I`ll start another thread with pics.

Tom

1 hour ago, 1965rivgs said:

Lol...well, considering that the `65 model year was the kickoff of the whole GS series one knows Buick had to do something, right? Answer to your question is YES..there is a very large vinyl covered binder which I believe was part of a special Gran Sport display offered to dealers as basically a "Gran Sport Sales Center". I have the binder, I`ve only seen 3 of them in 4 decades, and some other trinkets associated with the display. At some point, hopefully in the near future, I`ll start another thread with pics.

Tom

Wow - it would be great to see this special '65 Gran Sport Sales Center binder!

Please post for our enjoyment - I'm sure many forum members will be keen to see these rare pieces of promotional literature.

Cheers,

• Like 1