Diehard Model A

gdmn852

Michigan plates on a car seen in West Virginia in winter? Must be extended touring season. :)

With respect to winter salt, etc.: When I got my 40 year old '33 Plymouth it was a upstate NY rust bucket. Pretty much all I could afford as a student. And I used it as my everyday car for several years fixing and patching as budget and time allowed. But later when I was more established I did a frame off restoration of it with new metal welded in where needed. The car is pretty much a fair weather driver now but it survived the ravages of rust by being a special car for me.

We don't know the back story on the car pictured. But it may be or become a special car for them to lavish the attention it will need to reverse the wear and tear winter driving can cause.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 1:21 AM, gdmn852 said:

I was driving through Summerville West Virginia when a spotted this ,temp was 28 degrees and everything coated in ice really nasty day on the Monday before last .And some people won’t drive there cars ion overcast days!!!!!

C4AC6261-B28A-4DDA-848D-0070E1E2E33A.jpeg

C2065DAB-92D5-47E6-B614-EEE0044001A4.jpeg

All I can think is "God hates a coward". 

Hello ,always makes my day to see a Model A Ford a 1930 Coupe was my first car I noticed the Michigan tags when I took photo.I remember  driving mine in cold weather and as mentioned it was a Coupe,somewhat more snug than a roadster.Gary

Hello I can remember at car shows Model A were very popular usually about half the cars were A s now seems to be rare to see any pre war cars even at AACA shows mostly rot rods and muscle cars. I have a 49 Buick and sometime it’s one of the oldest car there.

Hi all

All is not lost, the Buick Club of New South Wales (Australia) has seen quite a resurgence of pre-war Buicks over the last few years. I attended a meet in late 2017 where about more than half of the cars attending were pre-war. We even had 5 1936 Buick 40's attend. There were more '30s Buicks in attendance at our event than at the Denver Nationals.

Cheers
Paul