Teves Brake

At this point I don't know. I got one from a '90 that had been hit hard in the rear. the engine and tranny been sold. I removed the tevis system from the firewall along with the tubing an electric wiring. I installed it this weekend per the service manual. But there is no brakes. the pedal goes to the floor even after pumping them a lot of times. Plenty of fluid but no fluid when I tried the bleed them.

I lost!

Jerry

7 hours ago, checkmate said:

At this point I don't know. I got one from a '90 that had been hit hard in the rear. the engine and tranny been sold. I removed the tevis system from the firewall along with the tubing an electric wiring. I installed it this weekend per the service manual. But there is no brakes. the pedal goes to the floor even after pumping them a lot of times. Plenty of fluid but no fluid when I tried the bleed them.

I lost!

Jerry

There is a special process for bleeding the Tevis brake system, did you follow the instructions in the manual? Your yes or no answer will tell me what to say next.

To bleed the rears you need a helper in the car pushing/holding the brake pedal down (not pumping) with the key turned 'on', the brake pump should then push fluid to the rear brakes. Don't let the reservoir go dry, it empties quickly with the bleeders open. Bleeding the front should be the same as any other car. If the fronts aren't getting fluid I think you need to verify the brake pump is actually working, if not it is commonly an electrical issue at the relay box.