Resigning my Moderator Position

MrEarl

Lamar:

I just stumbled onto this thread and am sorry to see you are leaving.   You have given this community a great deal and I have great respect for your dedication.   Even though we have never met in person, I feel you are a true friend.  I also became a grandfather recently at the age of 76 and so I know how you feel. 

If you get up into the northeast, let us know.   MRJBUICK and I are about an hour away from each other.   Please check in to the Forum once in a while: would be glad to see your words of wisdom in the coming years.

I wish you and yours good health and much happiness.

Joe Indusi

Dang that is so touching Joe, Thank You 🙏.  Not sure about the words of wisdom part but I’ll definitely be checking in as this is still THE best place on the internet for seeking technical advice, of which I’m about to need a boatload of on the estate wagon😬.  I’ve always appreciated your posts here and enjoyed our friendly private messaging, I cherish our friendship as I do so many here. 

And congrats on the grand baby. I’m already teaching Etta Leigh to be a good Marine, this is her in salute training. 😆

1FD80830-E829-4ED3-829A-04936E13C059.thumb.jpeg.2c0ca81da87fc30159b96e356b302191.jpeg

and while we’re already off subject why not a couple more 😁

1B89B502-809B-474D-8804-AD203B60321C.thumb.jpeg.04d5a9c33f6a12589ca645203fda096e.jpegB04A1CE4-30EE-4C27-9A6F-807F58E401C0.thumb.jpeg.8686e4bf92c00b04dbd26b35c194b8c6.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Dang that is so touching Joe, Thank You 🙏.  Not sure about the words of wisdom part but I’ll definitely be checking in as this is still THE best place on the internet for seeking technical advice, of which I’m about to need a boatload of on the estate wagon😬.  I’ve always appreciated your posts here and enjoyed our friendly private messaging, I cherish our friendship as I do so many here. 

And congrats on the grand baby. I’m already teaching Etta Leigh to be a good Marine, this is her in salute training. 😆

1FD80830-E829-4ED3-829A-04936E13C059.thumb.jpeg.2c0ca81da87fc30159b96e356b302191.jpeg

and while we’re already off subject why not a couple more 😁

1B89B502-809B-474D-8804-AD203B60321C.thumb.jpeg.04d5a9c33f6a12589ca645203fda096e.jpegB04A1CE4-30EE-4C27-9A6F-807F58E401C0.thumb.jpeg.8686e4bf92c00b04dbd26b35c194b8c6.jpeg

Sure takes after her GRAND MOTHER!:)

What is wrong with the Estate wagon?   OKC almost here.

Ben

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Sure takes after her GRAND MOTHER!:)

What is wrong with the Estate wagon?   OKC almost here.

Ben

Yes, thank goodness! 

Lot of prep work for the trip, you know , like a good stereo and stuff. AFTER I replace a bunch of siding on the house and build a big ass crate for shipping some fenders to California 🙄

Seiously there’s the hitch to install,  tranny work, shocks, new stiff wall tires,  air conditioning and heater issues and the list keeps growing. Watch for a dedicated thread 

On 4/10/2019 at 10:01 PM, MrEarl said:

Thanks for the kind words Marty. Rita is itching to get up toward Vermont so will give ya'll a shout when we're about to pass by.

Would love to see that modified Century wagon, how's it coming along?

Hey, if you're going to get up towards Vermont, you need to see what was once the Stowe Auto show but is now held in Waterbury, VT.  August 9, 10 and 11.  The snow has usually melted by then, too.  These are my old teenage year stomping grounds and can tell you that you would appreciate the native Vermonsters and their attitudes.  Real salt of the earth like you.

https://vtauto.org/vermont-car-shows/stowe-auto-show/

Edited by kgreen (see edit history)

4 hours ago, kgreen said:

Hey, if you're going to get up towards Vermont, you need to see what was once the Stowe Auto show but is now held in Waterbury, VT.  August 9, 10 and 11.  The snow has usually melted by then, too.  These are my old teenage year stomping grounds and can tell you that you would appreciate the native Vermonsters and their attitudes.  Real salt of the earth like you.

https://vtauto.org/vermont-car-shows/stowe-auto-show/

The snow has left and the mud has taken over. I struggled out of Nichols Field more than once. I have not been back yet since the show moved to Waterbury.

Edited by Jack Welch (see edit history)

10 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Yes, thank goodness! 

Lot of prep work for the trip, you know , like a good stereo and stuff. AFTER I replace a bunch of siding on the house and build a big ass crate for shipping some fenders to California 🙄

Seiously there’s the hitch to install,  tranny work, shocks, new stiff wall tires,  air conditioning and heater issues and the list keeps growing. Watch for a dedicated thread 

If you or anyone else has a car/truck with a check engine light on, I can bring my scanners to OKC and check your car for your, for free. I won't do the repair, but I can lead you in the direction of what is wrong with your vehicle.  1980 - 2010 vehicles only.  Just let me know.

• Like 2

Best of luck in your new endeavors in your newfound free time!  Thanks for the all the help keeping the scammers away and fuses from igniting the bombs.

Cute pics btw, and love the name Leigh...my wife's and eldest daughter's middle name!

• Like 1