Sign in to follow this  
LAFD

1970 GSX Stage I 4 speed

One owner, numbers match 1970 455 GSX Stage I for sale Contact for more information...

Have we given out the award for worst ad yet? A new contender has entered the arena.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, LAFD said:

One owner, numbers match 1970 455 GSX Stage I for sale Contact for more information...

Okay, you bought it new? What color, Saturn Yellow? What price? Restored??? Road Ready? Taking trades? Where are you? Any pictures? Does it run?

4 speed, or automatic? Documents? Pictures?, Price?

What did I miss????

I have a 1969 GS 400 convertible for trade in.  Bought from original owner. Do you have any interest?

20190223_103558.jpg

• Like 1

Hi there LAFD ! Welcome to AACA  !  Now what Matt (who writes the best copy on the forums here, bar none), is saying, is that more info should be included out of the gate here. The more info, the more effective the ad. Pictures are the best way to transmit info, it being said that each one is worth a thousand words. Location is also essential. I can only guess from your handle that you may be with the Los Angeles Fire Department  ? Don't be shy, and stay with it here. We were all newbies with our first posting, and the more the merrier. Please give it another go. Thank you for bringing your car to our attention. Glad to see you here  !    -   Carl 

• Like 1

Yeah, very good idea. And please give him a break while you are at it.   -   CC 

I always have two reactions to these kinds of hit and run threads.  The first is the same as everyone else, which is basically why is is the original poster bothering.   But usually I soften up,  especially if the OP comes back and is conversational.  I'm thinking of the Barn find Pierce and Stutz thread in particular.  

Nobody starts a for sale thread like this that has actually ever tried to sell a car.   I'm sure the OP has big dreams that lots and lots of potential buyers will be bidding against each other for the honor of buying his car.    If you actually sell anything,  even what we would consider cool or special (like a Buick GSX) everybody learns the lesson the hard way.   You typically don't get the money you want.  It takes 5 times longer than you thought it would.   And the whole process is a tremendous pain in th a**.   Getting as much info out in the ad will make the second and third point less painful.

Or,  you can make things a lot easier and give the car to Matt,  or Tom Laferriere to sell.

• Like 1

Maybe his wife told him he needs to sell the car and he did the post to appease her. 

There is a great deal of truth in what 'kingrudy' says: it is quite possible he did it to appease his wife.   I know this to be true because there is a guy in my hometown with a 1970 Cuda that did the same thing (except that he used Craigslist) and put an impossibly high price on the car.

Regardless, common sense tells you you need some fundamental information.  Maybe the forum needs a template of required fields before anything is posted on the 'for sale' forum.    

• Like 1

As a serious Buick fan of this era I do want to get one of the GSX cars. Therefore I really would like to know 1) price  2)location  3) condition.

Before I spend money restoring my current Buckeye GS 400 I'm still in the game. I have a solid standing offer on it which I have refused, but I will sell along with a very nice Mopar to get a 70-71 GS 455 or GSX