Dave_B

Introducing my new-to-me '41 Model 47

As some of you know I have been looking for a '41 Special Model 47 for a few years. I wanted a pre-war straight eight car and I like compact cars and this is the closest thing to a compact pre-war Buick there is. (Is compact pre-war Buick an oxymoron? JK) This is the A body four door sedan that was introduced in February 1941.  I had looked at several cars both virtually and actually and finally found this one in suburban Detroit. It met my criteria and fit my budget. I bought it sight unseen but I did have fellow BCAers check it out for me. (Thank you Larry Schramm and friend.) When it arrived I was not disappointed. It's an unrestored unmolested rust free car. It has 41,000 miles on the clock and over the years has had one re-paint and the seat cushions have been recovered with NOS material. So it''s a nice clean car. These Pictures were taken last fall the day it arrived. Check it out.

Dave B

860.JPG

861.JPG

• Like 12

Yup, it is the 118" wheel base, three inches shorter than the B body Special. The A body car's overall length is 6.25" shorter too and sixty pounds lighter. Not much difference as far as I can see. But I like it.