Sign in to follow this  
Roadster90

Does anyone know if there are new parts available?

Curious - I have no present problems but I have 2 - 90 models.  I bought a used headlight switch from Jim several years back and so far no problems.  Does anyone know if there are new parts available, and if so where please (such as the accumulator, cylinder rebuild kit, etc)?     ....  Thanks !

Most new parts are no longer available from GM......the only ones you might find are parts that are common to other GM cars.

You may find NOS headlight switches listed on Ebay but the prices are very high.

Teves ABS brake parts are getting harder to find.      To help with your brake parts search here are the GM part numbers.

Accumulator = 25528382

Pressure switch = 25533700

Motor & pump assembly = 25535686

The relay number is on the relay and they are not that hard to find....caution, some parts stores sell a cross reference relay that will work but it is not skirted and does not latch into the bracket.

Master cylinder/booster assembly SELDOM goes bad,  I would not worry about changing that part.

If you don't already know.......the Reatta uses many parts that are the same as the same year Riviera....that makes finding parts easier.  I suggest you get a Service Manual if you don't already have one.

Also, you can click on the topic/thread "Reatta Resources" on this forum to find our most reliable/available Reatta parts vendors.

You can go to Ebay and do a search of "Reatta NOS" You could be surprised at what you find. I bought a front ABS lead and a 1990 Headlight Switch from overstock sellers for next to nothing.

I sold the switch to Marck and the front lead to David from Texas so they are gone...

Like Barney and Dave said there are many on eBay, for example; reattapartscalifornia - eBay seller just recently discounted (if you want to call it a discount) a NOS 90' Headlight switch for $506.59 orig $595.99 so yeah they are going to be highly priced.

1 hour ago, SCOTT's 90's said:

Like Barney and Dave said there are many on eBay, for example; reattapartscalifornia - eBay seller just recently discounted (if you want to call it a discount) a NOS 90' Headlight switch for $506.59 orig $595.99 so yeah they are going to be highly priced.

Like I said watch E Bay. That NOS 1990 Switch I bought was less then $200.00

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I actually found one last year for a whopping $95.00 I guess I found it at just the right time  ;)  It wasn't NOS but from a low mileage car and still had the purple sticker untouched.

Edited by SCOTT's 90's (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SCOTT's 90's said:

I actually found one last year for a whopping $95.00 I guess I found it at just the right time  ;)  It wasn't NOS but from a low mileage car and still had the purple sticker untouched.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but the ones kdirk reconditioned for me has brand new purple stickers on them. But then again he is pretty fussy.

But you did do good buying it from a vendor for $95.00

I once found a 90 that had the receipt in it for a brand new switch installed. The car had about 20,000 miles on it since the switch installation. Bought it for $10.00. Sold it also to Marck, along with some door panels. All bought at a You Pick yard. Switch in Milwaukee, door panels in Chicago. 

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)
  • Like 1