35cz8

1930 Dodge Marathon Car pictures wanted

Looking for original photos of the 1930 Dodge Marathon Car.  Need for a research project I am working on. Any help is appreciated

• Like 1

I am currently scanning literature at the AACA library which will be released on the DBC website in a few weeks. I do remember some pictures of it in letters from DB to the dealers. 

Thanks for this information Near, I will be waiting to see what they have.  I appreciate the response to my needs.

Hello 35cz8,

I have some I'll share with you.

Great Dave,   Which photos do you have?  I have some already so looking for different pics to help track the travels of the Marathon Car and to confirm it was in those locations.

Hello 35cz8,

Here is an image that I purchased some time back on E-fee. It was taken in New York state but the date and the town still eludes me. If you want a bigger image just e-mail me for I am more then happy to help out.

Somewhere in NY.jpg

• Like 1

Hi David and Bob,

Forgive me as I may be pointing out the obvious here, but I think one clue would be, if either of you have any information that shows a listing for Dodge Brothers service stations for the NY area during this time frame, it may shed some light on the location. The sign hanging on the right of the photo assures us it is an approved service station and should be on a list somewhere (one would think..).  I'll try and search through what I have to see if I may have an answer.

I do not have any of that kind of information but if a guy could find such a list, it would certainly be of great help.  Great idea and now, something more to hunt for LOL.

Hello Bob,

Here is another picture you my not have.

E-bay Pic 2.jpg

Are there any maps of where the car went? I have a feeling I have seen something, but maybe it was not that detailed.

Great Photo Dave and thank you for sharing it with me.  I don't think I have this one but will check my pictures and see.  Spinny,  There are a couple of photos, that I have seen, but not much detail in the photos - just rough road map is all I have seen.  I am trying to find as many pictures as I can of the car so I can try to put a bit better map of it's travels together and with each photo, I look for new hints of where it was taken and try to figure the trip it was on.  It is quite a project, but a fun one and when I find a picture I don't have, it sure is fun to examine and research.    Still looking but not a lot out there to be found I guess LOL.

Thanks for the interest and the help.

Bob