1947 Davis three wheeler emblem

trimacar

I'm sure this should be posted in parts for sale, but if it was, it'd be lost, and may be of interest to other people.

Most of you know I'm a regular participant in this great forum, so I'm putting this out there in all seriousity (a word made up by me long ago, or maybe it's a real word).

I once owned a three wheel 1947 Davis, #13 out of 17 if I recall, and the manufacture of this car was a blatant attempt to get investors and then disappear with the money, much more so than the Tucker.  The story was that the promoter would show up with 3 or 4 cars, repaint them overnight, and show up with 3 or 4 "different" cars a day or so later.  The car I owned had about 6 layers of paint on it, and it had been in storage for a long, long time when I got it in the 1980's, so that seems about right.  I have photographic proof of both ownership and the layered paint.

I have a Davis emblem from this car. I even forgot that I never put it on after repaint.   I hate using the word "rare", but if you collect emblems and are very, very serious about it, you don't have one.

So here you go,  crazy stuff from a newbie maybe, but I'd sell it for an even $1000, brochure and postage included, delivered to your door by a representative of the U.S. Government.

Yes, I'm shooting for the moon, but, hey, when it's REALLY rare, there's nothing to lose, and it won't come along again.  It doesn't eat, it reminds me of the car I had, here it is.....

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

• Like 3