Steve Tochi

Vintage Car Radios for sale

Posted (edited)

Hi Everyone,

I just found and joined this great site. 

I have recently came into ownership of approximately 500 radios from 1950's to mid 1970's for predominantly American cars.  They are from a car audio shop of 40 plus years in Hawthorne, CA whereby the owner carefully boxed and labeled the radios when he removed to install "hi fi" systems.  Many appear to be in great shape with faceplates and knobs, some are not.  Some are vacuum tube radios from the late 50's.  I have not inventoried it all, but some of the boxes are labeled with the makes/models like Mopar, Cadillac, Mercury, Studebaker, Buick, Pontiac.   My C1 vette friend said to "look for wonderbars".  I cannot guarantee working condition but if you're looking for a period correct radio to refurbish or parts , there's a chance I may have it. 

I'm trying to avoid the Ebay route so shoot me a message or email at steventochi@outlook.com.

Thanks, enjoy the pictures.

Steve

IMG_4081.JPG

2.6.19 6.jpg

IMG_4028.JPG

Radios  2.jpg

opel 1.jpg

Edited by Steve Tochi (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Do you have one for a 63Pontiac  AM/FM.  Full size.?

Just got a great one for my 1969 Plymouth GTX.

Steve was quick to respond with pictures and details.

His price was very fair . Well packed and quick shipping.

I would highly recommend Steve,

Frank

• Like 2

I just got my Mopar 813 radio for my ‘51 Meadowbrook. Although the radio needs some new capacitors it is a great piece to restore. It was packed very well. And I got it in 2 days!

• Like 1

That link you put up is a great source.     The one I am looking for  is  Delco   983945

On 3/21/2019 at 1:24 PM, GARY F said:

That link you put up is a great source.     The one I am looking for  is  Delco   983945

There is a refurbished one for sale right now on ebay.  Not cheap though. 

I found this NIB Motorola aftermarket radio kit, model is GV-800 and believe its from1959. It comes with bezels, hardware, owners manual, speaker and even a warranty card.  I can't find any information on the internet about it, no pics. I found one old advertisement that says "gold plated" push buttons. Its just beautiful and well preserved, just needs a polish, I'm not sure if its really gold plated. Any old timers out there seen it before and can tell me about it?  

IMG_4333.JPG

My 65 Buick radio arrived today, packaged well and exactly as described.  Thanks for a great deal Steve!

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 3:26 PM, kings32 said:

Looking for one for a 1966 ply Fury  . Kings32

I have 1966 model 235,

1967 Model 230

1966 Model 228

1965 Model 224

Take a look at this website and see if any will work for you.  https://sites.google.com/site/identifyingcarradios/home/radios-2/plymouth-1

Shoot me an email and I can send you pics of the ones you want to take a look at.  steventochi@outlook.com

Looking for a model 361 , it is a AM-FM used in the 66 Furys  . Kings32

12 hours ago, kings32 said:

Looking for a model 361 , it is a AM-FM used in the 66 Furys  . Kings32

Sorry, I don't have that model, and very few AM/FM radios.