1964 Riviera rear lower control arm

Topper1961

Hi all!

My good friend Rolf was almost ready with his 64 Riviera when he discovered a bent and damage drivers side rear lower control arm. Need one fast as possible to get the car on the road, he already purchased new bushings, so he just need a arm in good shape. Think it the same for 63, 64 and perhaps 65 as well! Anyone? 

Thanks for watching!

IMG-20190303-WA0000 (1).jpg

21 minutes ago, Topper1961 said:

Hi Ed!

Larry has not replied for long time on email, have you been in touch with him lately?

At 4:23 PM CST I called and talked to Larry.  He said that he's really busy and shipping stuff to Australia and Germany as well as domestic stuff today.  I told him that he hadn't responded to an email per a comment on the site.  He said that he answers them all but a lot of times guys can't spell Riviera correctly in his email address.  

He told me that his health is well.  Tom K. where did you get the idea that it wasn't?

His ad in the current Riview is correct.  We verified his email address, phone number, and website address.  

In the latest Riview, I got my on Tuesday, there are many, many guys who have parts for sale.  For many, that's a full time, part time job.  If you're not an ROA member, you're missing many golden opportunities to find the parts you're looking for.  You'll probably save the $35 dollar dues the first time you don't have to pay eBay prices for something

I'm off my soap box now,

Ed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Topper1961 said:

Hi all!

My good friend Rolf was almost ready with his 64 Riviera when he discovered a bent and damage drivers side rear lower control arm. Need one fast as possible to get the car on the road, he already purchased new bushings, so he just need a arm in good shape. Think it the same for 63, 64 and perhaps 65 as well! Anyone? 

Thanks for watching!

IMG-20190303-WA0000 (1).jpg

Have you thought about trying to straighten this one then weld a boxing plate to the top?  Could be stronger than the original.

20 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Have you thought about trying to straighten this one then weld a boxing plate to the top?  Could be stronger than the original.

No, might be an good idea. Rolf just sent a new email to Larry. 

Thanks

Joern