W/S Wipers in Park?

wally888

My wipers fall a couple of inches short of the Park position when turned off. They remain near the top of black trim.

I have read the FSM but am not sure it is just an adjustment? Seems I remember from many years ago having a similar problem on another make/model, was switch?

Anyone made this adjustment or have suggestions?

Wally,

As mentioned there's a PC Board in a housing on the top of the Wiper Motor. I recently replaced mine "just-because".

I didn't study the mechanics too closely but it appears to be some differential output from the Gear Box that alters the amount of sweep of the arm. How this is signalled I'm not sure? But first thing I'd try is to disconnect, clean and reconnect the harness to the motor. Beyond that, get a replacement/ used Motor and swap it out.

I'd picked up the complete Motor/ Arms Assembly from a 500 mile '89 in Indiana (X-GM school donated) that was being parted out. Was hoping to obtain other "Fresh" Parts off this vehicle but it was conveniently "Stolen". wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

First, lift the wipers slightly and see if they pop into the proper park position. If so, it is flex in the arms and not electrical.

Also bought some parts from Indana. Box contained stuff from more than one Reatta.

Would like to have a wiper electronics board from a 90 or 91 to see if different if someone has an extra.

I adjusted the wipers on my 91 per FSM. They still will not jump up on the park ramp>They have plenty of tension but it will not over.ride the trim piece to reach the park ramps When I lift them slightly they jump right up on the ramps.I know this is no resolution but just a little added info --Jack