Need help identifying my 40’s Chrysler model

JP_Rods

I recently bought a 40’s model Chrysler the vin tag is missing off of the passenger side door pillar. All I have is a tag on the fire wall but not sure how to make heads or tales of it. Any help would be much appreciated.  

1C693031-8F21-4F64-AB87-74D65A8F843E.jpeg

63BADF5B-48C5-44D3-B814-7DA85615DCDA.png

07719338-9488-411F-9622-0B5FFCE16D4A.png

Welcome

These cars did not change much just before and after WWII. The serial number is the only way to tell for sure.

Yours looks like it could be a 6 cylinder car. Turn your phone and get a photo of the whole tag and dash.

Do you have any of the front sheet metal ?

3 hours ago, normanpitkin said:

that's a 41 saratoga ,shame the straight 8 has gone!

Yes and it is the Town Sedan of which less than 2,326 were built. If it has the front mounted hinges on all doors it is a Town Sedan.

Picture 28724.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

New Yorker was next to the Imperial, both being straight eight models. Chrysler made a bevy of six cylinder cars, then the straight eight  Saratoga and New Yorker, with the Imperial at the top of the range. Your car was selling against Lincoln,  Packard, Buick, LaSalle and Cadillac at the time.

Keiser's photo quotes a price of $1328. For comparison, at the time you could buy a Chevrolet or Ford for $700. In other words it cost nearly as much as two Fords.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)