Anyone know for sure if Antique Auto Battery is out of business or not? Their website is still up and running but I have read in several sites that they actually are no longer in business.  

I need a new battery prior  to the Charlotte show but don’t want to waste time with them if they really aren’t in business.

thanks

Bob

I heard that its back with a new owner, and it is now "Jim's Antique Battery" or something like that. I have not ordered anything yet.

1 hour ago, imported_Bob Hill said:

Anyone know for sure if Antique Auto Battery is out of business or not? Their website is still up and running but I have read in several sites that they actually are no longer in business.  

I need a new battery prior  to the Charlotte show but don’t want to waste time with them if they really aren’t in business.

thanks

Bob

Or: you could buy a battery from your local napa store for 1/3 the cost. Use a hair dryer to heat and remove the graphics. At a show pull the two fill covers off of battery and replace them with 6 fill caps from a vintage or repro battery. Easy peasy at 1/3 the price and 3 times the battery life........bob

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 10:43 PM, Bhigdog said:

Or: you could buy a battery from your local napa store for 1/3 the cost. Use a hair dryer to heat and remove the graphics. At a show pull the two fill covers off of battery and replace them with 6 fill caps from a vintage or repro battery. Easy peasy at 1/3 the price and 3 times the battery life........bob

Yes, very true "but"  the vintage fill caps will need some machining or adjustments as they are quite bigger than the current battery fill holes. Not a monumental task.

Robert

On 3/5/2019 at 9:06 PM, imported_Bob Hill said:

thanks

Bob

I have received a DC12 from Jim and it seems like the antique ones were. Not sure if you can get one for Charlotte though.  They were operating with the same phone number as Antique was.

Robert

I called and left a message with Jim's 2 days ago - so far no return call.  Sounds like he is operating sort of like Antique Auto battery was.

Bob

18 minutes ago, Robert Street said:

Yes, very true "but"  the vintage fill caps will need some machining or adjustments as they are quite bigger than the current battery fill holes. Not a monumental task.

Robert

Very true. I didn't bother to mention since I figured most folks here have the ingenuity to use a file or coarse sand paper to do the job.  I have a lathe so it was of little problem for me. I would be happy to machine any caps sent to me for the cost of postage.............Bob