Gilmore Museum

Pomeroy41144

I plan on visiting the Gilmore Museum in Michigan next month.  

I am really looking forward to going and spending the day.  

I am of the understanding that they have the Cadillac LaSalle Club Collection there.  

Do CLC members get a discount on admission?  

I visited in the last month or so and don’t believe any club memberships awarded a discount. 

I strongly encourage making the trip while all the Duesenbergs are there but will warn, some of the buildings are seasonal. Cadillac LaSalle is open, as is Model A and Franklin, but you might miss Pierce Arrow and CCCA if going too soon. 

• Like 1

The Pierce Arrow Museum at Gilmore is open starting in April, so that's perfect.  Here's the website:  https://pierce-arrowmuseum.org/   

It's well worth a visit, besides numerous cars there's a Pierce Motorcycle and a Pierce Travelodge trailer.

The whole campus is an amazing assemblage of fine museums.  Fabulous place, enjoy your visit!

No discounts for clubs, however if you are a member of the different museums, then those memberships get you into the full campus.  In April they open the outer museums again, as during the winter just the main building is open.  

I visited in 2015 on a CCCA Packard featured show weekend...I arrived right at opening time on Saturday and I do believe I was the last person to be sent out so the staff could go home at the end of the day. 

This the best display of our hobby that I have visited, it is well worth the short drive off of the local Interstates.  

I did not really have time to see all that I wanted to, then on Sunday the cars on display for the show were the stars..unfortunately light rain did curtail some of the festivities, but it was great.  If I can dig out my photos of my tour I will post them.   

BTW I'm traveling Detroit to Chicago on Amtrak on Friday it will rekindle some memories with stops in Battle Creek and Kalamazoo.  I think I will need to go back for another visit this summer.

Bob 

• Like 1

CLC Museum Benefactors, those who have donated at least $1000 to the group, are allowed free admission to the Gilmore Museum.  I enjoy visiting there several times per year.   Its possible that other clubs who have their museum buildings hosted at the Gilmore offer a similar benefit. 

Yes, some of the older, uninsulated, unheated buildings are closed through end of March but many are open year round.  Congrats on visiting in April, not only will you be able to access all of the buildings but you'll see the Duesenbergs and also a new display of more than 100 Fisher Body Craftsman Guild models.

Enjoy your visit, bring comfortable walking shoes and good batteries in your camera or a fully charged cell phone. 

Hours of Operation, Open Year-Round!

MUSEUM
Monday – Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm

The Museum is CLOSED only on Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day

Blue Moon Diner (Summer season only)
Monday-Friday: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm

Heritage Center Cafe
Hours Vary – Open during Cars Shows / Large Events Only

Museum Administrative Offices & Research Library
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm

Admission Rates

All Partner Museums on the Gilmore Campus are included!

Consider purchasing an annual Museum Membership!
Consecutive two-day passes are available for $23.00 per person.
Wheelchairs (free) and mobility scooters ($10 rental fee per day, must present handicap tag) are available to patrons at the Admissions window.

SUMMER RATES (April 1st – November 30th)
Historic 90-acre campus including all buildings and special exhibits. Nearly 400 vehicles

$15.00     Adults / Seniors
$10.00    Youth (ages 7-17)
FREE       Children (ages 6 and under)
FREE       Active Military (must present ID)

CAR SHOW SPECTATOR ADMISSION
$14.00 per person, children 11 and under are FREE
Admission to car shows includes access to all museum buildings and exhibits. Spectator parking is FREE. To view all Car Shows dates at the Gilmore Car Museum please click here.

WINTER RATES (Dec 1st – March 31st)
Main buildings and special exhibits only, approximately 300 vehicles. Most of historic campus buildings are closed

$14.00     Adults / Seniors
$10.00    Youth (ages 7-17)
FREE       Children (ages 6 and under)
FREE       Active Military (must present ID)

Edited by CarFreak (see edit history)