Sign in to follow this  
Buick_daughter

Buick 8 Neon Sign - Help!

Hello--

I'm trying to  some research on this Buick 8 neon sign I found in my Dad's collection.  I'm not sure if it's a repro or an original.  I cannot find any images online that look like it.  Can anyone give me some more information on it, please?  Is it worth anything?  is it rare?

Thank you in advance for your help.

--SK

IMG_1912.jpg

Unfortunately with the broken neon it will be worth less than a working sign as you probably figured.  I don't follow them enough to know of a value but would love to buy it if I can afford it when you come up with a price. 

@Buick_daughter   I'd certainly be happy to give it a good home in my Buick Sales and Service Garage (see my signature) but doubt I could even afford shipping from CA to GA. But email me if you'd like to discuss this or other Buick memorabilia you might have which might adorn the building  :)  1954buick@gmail.com

Hi , buick daughter, great sign , probably quite valuable,  take a look at Sotheby’s forthcoming sale in Florida, quite a few neon signs being offered , big bucks 2000/3000 , those may be rare ones, but they obviously have someone in the know , send them your photo for an estimate 

good luck 

pilgrim

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:00 PM, Buick_daughter said:

I'm not sure if it's a repro or an original.

If you could post pictures of the back and the writing at the bottom of the front, it may help to answer that question.

Homemade or not still collectible , sure someone on this forum would buy if you decide to sell 

The neon can be fixed.  Just have to find a shop that does that kind of work.  A neat sign.

15 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Homemade or not still collectible , sure someone on this forum would buy if you decide to sell 

Agreed.  I hope someone else makes a deal before I decide to do something I may regret.

12 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

The neon can be fixed.  Just have to find a shop that does that kind of work.  A neat sign.

I know a shop in Greenville SC.