Off Topic- But which one of you

JohnD1956

43 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

So everybody go out and buy the Buick of your dreams and send the bill to me.

Ya Hoo!  🤩  Anyone know of a '66 Gran Sport with a 4 speed that's up for sale? 😉

Love it, my rascally friend.  Does that mean there’s a larger than can be refused cheque en route for a 54-69?  Or are you going to want a nicer one, I suppose 🙄😉

I’m not entirely sure what one Buick I would procure, but there is a shortlist which could serve as a starting point.  1033, GN/Turbo Regal, last generation Riviera, 1954 Skylark, etc.  Of course, with the condition of roads locally and the fact I still encounter gravel, I actually have a preference for less than perfect cars...I’d rather have something I can enjoy than something that needs to be behind glass.

36 minutes ago, BUICK RACER said:

Somebody in South Carolina, so that rules most of us out, plus you have to buy a ticket to win! LOL!

I understand the individual took a one-time lump sum payment of over $877 Million!!  If put in a local savings account for one month at a measly 2% interest, the interest would be just under $1.5 Million.

I'm split between a 57 hardtop wagon and a 53 Skylark,  but I wouldn't exactly kick a 41 Roadmaster convertible out of the running either. 

You going to limit us to just one? 

Actually just pay for my floor and electric in the garage.  I'll be good with that. :) 

41 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

In New York State the lottery provides funding for aid to state school districts. The aid is based on the income of the people of the local district. There was a lottery winner in a rural area. Due to his increased income from the winnings ..... his district lost state aid.

I've always wondered how much is skimmed off at the administrative end.  Probably much more than we care to know,  much like road fuel taxes and tolls.  I imagine much is re appropriated to projects like buying tens of thousands of acres of forest land to keep forever wild after it has been heavily timbered next to the over million acres they already own when the state is running an annual defecit.  Politicians (both sides ) seem to be mighty good at squandering funds from what was originally a great idea. 

Yet NY has some of the highest school taxes. 

I have a client who had just moved to Simpsonville, S C where that ticket was bought. He called me about a question he had on the Thursday before the drawing. He is one of those guys that always calls right back, so when he didn't call for almost 2 weeks I was sure he was the winner.

But he wasn't... 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, MrEarl said:

It was me. So everybody go out and buy the Buick of your dreams and send the bill to me.

WELL...

There are two 1958 Buick Limited convertibles I need to look at and will let you know! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2019 at 10:43 AM, DAVES89 said:

I have a client who had just moved to Simpsonville, S C where that ticket was bought. He called me about a question he had on the Thursday before the drawing. He is one of those guys that always calls right back, so when he didn't call for almost 2 weeks I was sure he was the winner.

But he wasn't... 

Simpsonville is a nice little community, my son lives there.  Sort of a bedroom community of Greenville where my son is a cop. When I questioned him if he was the winner all he said was “You can’t win if you don’t play”  . Takes after me I guess, I’ve never bought a ticket that I can remember. 

Every now and then while watching the news I'll catch the live lottery drawing.  Just for fun (?) I'll think of a number before the balls begin popping up.  I've occasionally had that number show up, but usually I can't even get that one in six attempts...  :unsure:

• Like 1