47 Continental- couple questions

dl456

Hello ,

After a totally non-productive weekend in the garage, I have a couple questions for you Lincoln experts.

1) Does anybody rebuild or sell parts for the vacuum antenna ? I have made new seals for the top section.

Leather cups should be  adequate. The bottom valve (circular rubber piece) refuses to seal. I can make it go up and down

by working this lower valve by hand. 

2) What does the rear clip or attachment for the fender skirt look like?

3) I have a set of reproduction gravel guards. Only two of the attachment tits line up. I assume there are no vulcanized

reproductions available. Any tips other than patience and curse words? I just don't see how any glue is going to hold these where they belong.

Thanks,

Dennis

Can anyone help with the rear fender skirt attachment. There is a "L" bracket rivetted to the rear of the skirt with a slot in it.

I don't believe this can bolt solidly to the fender. I am assuming it has a piece of angle or something to just pinch the rear of the

skirt to the fender.

Anybody have a picture or description?

Nothing in the manual.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

I'll remove the fender skirt from my 48 Continental tomorrow, take a picture and try to attach it tomorrow night but it will be around 10pm.

For the gravel guards, I snipped off the tips because they also didn't line up and used 3M yellow super weather strip and gasket adhesive. They 

haven't pulled away after 2 1/2 years.

George

Thanks George,

A picture would be great.

My concern with the weatherstrip adhesive has been ,even with the tips cut off , it looks

like it will take a certain amount of stretching /repositioning to make them fit properly.

I'll have another look this weekend.

Dennis