65 vacuum trunk release.

jframe

What is the CORRECT size vacuum hose used throughout the trunk release? It obviously isn't the 7/64 ID that the parts book says to use; way too small. I am adding the option and need to know.

5 minutes ago, jframe said:

What is the CORRECT size vacuum hose used throughout the trunk release? It obviously isn't the 7/64 ID that the parts book says to use; way too small. I am adding the option and need to know.

That is the size I used when I installed on my 1963. The nipple on the back of the pull vacuum in the glovebox and the nipple on the trunk lock are 1/8".  The 7/64" is inside diameter of the hose. I bought a 50 foot roll on e-bay very cheaply. I used half and sold the other half.

Bill

1 hour ago, telriv said:

7/64ths. is approx. .015" smaller than 1/8th."   It's supposed to be slightly smaller for a tight fit SO IT DON'T COME OFF.

Guess you are right; it goes on, but it is TIGHT.

2 hours ago, first64riv said:

For future reference, have a bowl of hot water to dip the hose into.  It will soften and be very easy to work with.  Once it cools, it will be tight.

Good advice thanks. My car has Vintage Air so finding a firewall hole was a little confusing. Finally found a bolt dow near the vacuum tank that I removed and nothing fell, so hopefully I am good to go now that I put a grommet in it. Just gotta fish that vaccum line upto the glovebox and then to the back of the car.

4 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Either the Chassis or Body manual should show you where to route your vacuum line.

Does no good with Vintage Air; the firewall is a big blockoff plate. I took out 1 bolt in that plate; figured that there were other bolts holding whatever it went thru up anyway and will have to route the hose thru there then up and back thru the glove box. Bolt was down close to where floorboard meets the firewall so its much lower than where the factory had it routed.