FS: Beautiful 65 Riviera Gran Sport

RockinRiviDad

This is my buddy’s 65 Riviera Gran Sport that he has “considered” selling. He did an amazing job building this thing. This is one of two 65 Rivieras he built. The other one is the Champagne Mist 65 Rivi that was featured on Jay Leno’s Garage.

There is so much that was done to this car to get it this nice. Too many things to list. The entire process was photographed & he is willing to share those pix with interested members. I am sure there are tons of questions a “serious buyer” will have. My buddy is more than happy to answer any & all questions. BUT, in an effort to not waste anyone’s time, he is asking for calls ONLY from “serious buyers” who are considering buying a beautiful car with a SIX figure price tag. please DO NOT call if you are not a “serious buyer”...

His name is Bob & here is his cell phone number 818-391-3126. He is good with calls or texts

Just to name a few options this car has:

Original Buick tachometer

LX425 ci engine (rebuilt by Russ Martin)

TH400 transmission 

Dual quads

3.07 posi-traction

Stainless steel exhaust

Passenger side view mirror

Front & rear sway bars

Deluxe interior
Power antenna
AM/FM radio
Front & rear seat belts
Rally wheels
Wood grain steering wheel
Air conditioning

4-way flashers

Vac trunk release

Rear window defroster

Four note horns - working

Dual reservoir master cylinder
Car has stock drum brakes but, all valving installed for disk brake conversion.

The options this car does NOT have:
Power wind wings
Cruise control

It should be noted that many parts have been powder coated. Such as:
Frame/chassis
Control arms
Rear end
Inner fenders
All smaller under carriage parts
Insides of doors
Front & rear seat frames

exhaust manifolds received a high temp coating

The entire underside of car & inside floor pans have been completely undercoated.

Then fully Dynamated (underside of roof, doors, front & back, dash & under dash, behind air vents & trunk).

A second layer of Dynamat was added from the fire wall to under the front seats.

New heater core, all new vacuum lines, all rubber is new, all keys are correct, all locks work correctly & everything locks.

All thirteen wiring harnesses were refurbished, fixed or replaced.

The car is all original except for some painting options he preferred over stock.

The A/C blows cold

New three (3) core radiator

All electronic gauges along with the original “idiot lights” that work

New windshield and new rear window (All windows have the optional green tint.)

This is his words from his email:

“Please ask that I prefer not to waste my time or theirs if they cannot grasp paying more than six figures for a car, don’t call. As you well know, you cannot build a Riviera to this level anymore for what I am asking. I can move but, very little”

I hope u guys like his work as much as I do. He has helped me overcome some hurdles on my own build. The least I can do it post his beauty here & help find her a new home. THANKS FOR THE HELP BOB. 

32280D65-CB2D-43D5-BD0B-7B388F082C2D.thumb.jpeg.953bea09d0b0a2ef27ad8487c1519756.jpeg

4202B911-047B-4867-BDA0-18C050D608A9.thumb.jpeg.7b1589d4da28dc31e82f287ec7912dd7.jpeg

7B60ABFA-1204-4243-90A6-39EB742933EA.thumb.jpeg.2c581710e687f21aaf850a5a64046db0.jpeg

C8C60410-62F1-4E17-B30E-CB7CF4B2CBAB.thumb.jpeg.8f51f61054dd6888f30e737368400a09.jpeg

DB573CF0-F53A-4242-BDCF-E2A9835C0838.thumb.jpeg.ff3664afa4191a07a6eadb106ab3802f.jpeg

AB3279F9-BEBF-4C7F-943A-39930535C0F3.thumb.jpeg.63db74251a92aa1bfe63892540db8f7d.jpeg

Edited by RockinRiviDad (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is that Bob's in CA? I think I spoke to him a few years back. He had 2-3 GS's at that time and had sold a black one. The red one is stunning, very well done. Tell him I said good luck in selling!  If he wants action on the car, I would put it in Hemming's and probably consider placing it with a high-end European classic dealer(someone who specializes in Jag, Bentley, etc.), that's your buyer. Also, let him know I would recommend removing the aftermarket gouges. They are functional, but cheapen the overall look of the interior. Take care and have a great one!

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2019 at 10:20 AM, DualQuadDave said:

Is that Bob's in CA?

Tell him I said good luck in selling!  If he wants action on the car, I would put it in Hemming's and probably consider placing it with a high-end European classic dealer(someone who specializes in Jag, Bentley, etc.), that's your buyer. Also, let him know I would recommend removing the aftermarket gouges. They are functional, but cheapen the overall look of the interior. Take care and have a great one!

Yes. This belongs to Bob in CA. 

I will pass on your good advice. Thank u sir

• Like 1