Hudsy Wudsy

1936 Fargo variation on Dodge grille

Most all of you are familiar with what a '36 Dodge grille looks like. I thought that maybe a couple of you might find the Fargo version a bit interesting. Here's a link to a Kijiji ad in which the person is searching for a '36 Fargo. He includes a number of Fargo pics:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/regina/wanted:-1936-fargo/1416685666?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

If I came across one of those hood ornaments with a Chrysler Co part number on it, I'd probably never figure out what it went to.

Here is a recent thread on 1936 Fargo half ton trucks.

• Like 1

It appears that the side panels are the same or similar to the '36 Dodge cars and truck grilles without the 4 cross trim pieces. Center is completely different.

3 hours ago, jpage said:

It appears that the side panels are the same or similar to the '36 Dodge cars and truck grilles without the 4 cross trim pieces. Center is completely different.

I agree. I guess that I was struck by how something so familiar could look so different.

Hood and radiator shell is very much like the 1936 Plymouth passenger car stuff....

1936 Plymouth front.jpg

Posted (edited)

A lot of people will agree that the '36 Dodge is one of the most handsome production cars of the thirties. I also think that '36 Plymouths are particularly nice looking with their clean, simple lines. I believe the one you pictured here, John, is a P1 model, which has a painted, though still very attractive grille. I actually prefer the P1 grille for it's simplicity.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

I have a '36 Dodge and I too like the "36 Plymouth grille better.

• Like 1