Interior going back togather

junkyardjeff

I was going to install sound deadener but since it does not get driven all that much I figured it was not worth the money,its a good thing I did not or I would not have the money to finish it since I my job would be eliminated by the end of the month.

Starting on the seat and it will be two colors and I do have a job lined up,I was planning on all brown with red bead but did not get enough brown and had plenty of red left over after cutting out the bead.   Need to watch my spending and still need over 100 dollars of foam to finish it.

100_8750.JPG

100_8751.JPG

Hi, Jeff - 

If you are on a budget for the foam you can check Home Depot for the thick pieces for the seat and back.  They have a nice stiff 3 inch thick that's maybe 27 wide and 60 long.

Should be about $25 each - half of the mail order I found.  Squeeze a few from their pile.  I found some that were stiffer than others.

I also built my base up by stacking the 1.5 inch pink rigid foam insulation.  Cheap, durable, easy to form.

Oil change and a bath and I will be ready to drive it,its not exactly the way it came from the factory but I like it much better then with that tweed I had in it. Those trucks were just a little too plain for me so I had to dress it up a little and with all the panels painted it gets a little of that old truck feel again.

• Like 1