1930 Durant 3W Coupe C/L WI $6,000

Here's a link to a cute little Durant three window coupe with side mounts that's on C/L in Appleton, WI. See ad for phone number. The asking price is $6,000:

https://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/d/hawkins-1930-durant/6821400580.html

00Y0Y_lDmKvZSUWk2_600x450.jpg

Ad copy:

Was rebuilt about 13 years ago paint job in interior doesn't run right now but nothing serious I don't think

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

2 hours ago, old car fan said:

Sorry to say,but for the money,it will be a hot rod.love to have it.

It took me a while to realize how very many vultures lurk among these forums. I used to think that listing a car like this on a site that is all about antique cars was a way in which it end up in the hands of someone who would value it. Now I'm always wondering if I'm contributing to an old cars demise when I list it here.

It may still stay stock.  Looks complete and according to the owner was running not long ago.  It's quite a ways away from being a rod and a few thousand dollars atleast in parts.  A guy with 6G has options and if he has enough to build it,  there are alot of options out there that may be more exciting to him than a 1930 Durant. If it was 3 G I would definitely agree that a rodder would scoop it up.  Rodders aren't paying as much as they used to for projects especially since many have found out that liquidating all those original parts isn't as easy as guys once thought and definitely not a very good return on money. 

Lets hope some new be jumps on it and comes here for advice. 

I would have to take a look if it was closer.

On another forum we've been talking about exorbitant prices that guys ask for things on C/L and other sites. I can't begin to count the number of times I've seen ads in which the seller has been trying to sell original fenders, radiators and drivelines off of cars like this just in order to finance their dream rod project. Then, in a few years, they'll sell the body only, or maybe with some dumb S10 frame, after having long ago thrown the interior away. Finally, when they realize that they don't have the time, interest or money to finish their project, advertising it as a  '30 three window coupe, only mentioning that it's a Durant far down in the ad copy immediately after the phrase, "like Ford". It may as well be a Ford, as every thing that distinguished it from a Ford has been forever lost.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, old car fan said:

If it was only listed here,it would have a great chance to stay the way it is.Someone could have 6 grand of fun in 1 summer,clean it up,make it safe,drive the wheels off it.

Well, actually, it is listed here. That's why I go through the effort to list links to neat local cars from time to time, hoping that someone in the broader audience will take an interest.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting this.

I found it on the Durant forum and would really love to give it a place in the sun and put it on the road frequently. 

I have contacted the owner but he doesn’t know if the spare wheels are included with the car. I’m sure those optional 40 spoke rims are like hens teeth.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rusty_apache said:

Thanks for posting this.

I found it on the Durant forum and would really love to give it a place in the sun and put it on the road frequently. 

I have contacted the owner but he doesn’t know if the spare wheels are included with the car. I’m sure those optional 40 spoke rims are like hens teeth.

Rusty, thanks for the thanks!

• Like 1

If I didn't buy the LaSalle last fall, I would be really interested, although.....

Title Status: missing

That might concern me a bit, especially for out of state sales.

Edited by Stude Light (see edit history)

I think those wheels can be found.  The hub caps may be a different item.  When our friend did a concours restoration on her 6-17 the restorer pulled the brass covers off the hub caps and restored them separately.  There are the remains of 3 6-14 cars.

1 hour ago, keiser31 said:

Should not be too tough to find those wheels. A few makes used them.

John, I presumed that might be the case. It's been fun to see so much interest. It always gives me hope to think that cars like this might not end up with crate engines in them.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

Not too old....just too darn broke....

Welcome to the club!  Age and disability don’t help much either.  I do not regret spending the money I did on non essential transportation items like antique autos and motorcycles.  Had I listened to my financial guy who thought giving it to him to invest would have been money better spent I would not have the stories and experiences I have to share here with you today.  Sitting around talking about that great CD interest rate I had back in 1985 doesn’t seem to have much of a following unless you are Warren Buffett.

• Like 3