wendy tyner

1937 pierce arrow travelodge A class

That is a wild braking system. Other trailers of the time had mechanical brakes with the rods connected to a vacuum cylinder like the one in the picture.

I used to have a 51 Chrysler New Yorker that had an aluminum vacuum tank ahead of the radiator, I know the car was used to tow a travel trailer, this indicates they were still using vacuum operated brakes then. I don't know when electric brakes became the norm.

By the way Wendy we would love to see some pictures of your trailer, it would help put a value on it too.

20 hours ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

I also pointed this thread out on the Pierce Arrow Society members forum and hopefully someone there will be able to give you some advice.

Thank you

15 hours ago, Bob Hill said:

Call these folks and see if they can give you an idea on value or put you in touch with someone who can - they specialize in vintage travel trailer restorations

http://www.flytecamp.com/

Bob

Thank you so much i will check with them..have a blessed day...wendy

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone that replied to my message..I will load some pictures as soon as i can..the outside is great but i think underneath she may have some problems...Been in the elements. Thanks again and all have a great day...

Wendy, I sent you a PM with my direct email address. Send me some photos and your number, and I will call you and give you an opinion as to it’s value. I own a Model B now, and am not intrested in acquiring another trailer. I will not post your photos or comment on the value of it publicly. My best, Ed

Here's my Travelodge, all wrapped up and at the end of it's 500 mile journey to my home.....had a lot of the original interior, in very poor condition, and it had been home to lots of animals (including raccoons, yuk) over the years.  Body solid, needs some slight frame work, and have lots of the original hardware.

IMG_5752.JPG

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)

23 hours ago, edinmass said:

Wendy, I sent you a PM with my direct email address. Send me some photos and your number, and I will call you and give you an opinion as to it’s value. I own a Model B now, and am not intrested in acquiring another trailer. I will not post your photos or comment on the value of it publicly. My best, Ed

Thank you i will get you some photos this weekend if i can...thank you for helping me...wendy

On 2/26/2019 at 10:12 AM, traveling said:

Is your trailer complete and all original?

no it was redone in the 50's but the outside i think is..