GeneR

Anyone identify this surround?

This surround was in back seat of the Blackhawk L6 I just bought. Don’t think it’s right for the car, mine is missing, gauges just in wood. 

F4927132-24FA-4461-9E1E-EF554DF3FDEF.jpeg

This is the correct Black Hawk instrument panel.

Steve

Stutz1.jpeg

Since it's been established its not Stutz, why don't you post pictures of it up in the General Forum up top so more people will see it?   

If I can figure out how, I will. It’s only been established not a Blackhawk, not that it’s not Stutz...

It’s not either as they used the identical instrument cluster.    

• Like 1

I don’t know much about Stutz (obviously) but I doubt all models from 1911 used the identical surround. I was trying to find out whether this one may have been from an earlier model....

i will share to a site i started on FB.   1920s antique automobiles, brass era cars, orphan makes

• Like 1

I do not recall offhand, but a 1929 Franklin Series 130 (still rare though as it is a one year one series part) may share some or all of the instruments you may need for your Stutz. 

Thanks for the ID and information, Guys!

now, anyone swap for a Blackhawk surround??????  LOL

If the part you are looking for is die cast, I highly recommend getting your hands on a reproduction.  I do not know about Blackhawk, but every "M" I have ever seen has a reproduction dash panel or a broken original (I am sure originals exist, but few and doubtful they survive plating well). I am sure various people have made them over time and probably for less money, though by the time you clean up a casting and plate you probably are not too far off from this price. 

I am not sure this is the correct part or not, though someone certainly knows offhand

Also, the price is in Australian Dollars - today that is 71 cents exchange rate to a USD (A REALLY GOOD DEAL !!!)

http://www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com/Stutz.htm

STZ-004.jpg

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)