Sign in to follow this  
psychostang

Rear floor pan rot

So, I have to at least replace the rear under seat floor pans.  Has anyone made this repair, and where did you purchase your sheet metal?  Was the quality and fit good?  Thanks.

9 hours ago, psychostang said:

So, I have to at least replace the rear under seat floor pans.  Has anyone made this repair, and where did you purchase your sheet metal?  Was the quality and fit good?  Thanks.

http://www.oldbuickparts.com/

CARS has the sheet metal. No experiance with the pieces. 

fp635rfr.png

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

Classic Fabrication makes a set for first gen Rivs. Good fit. Sightly heavier gauge steel than factory. Not concours quality... made on a bead roller rather than factor press. Still a good value, good specs and easy to weld in. PRL

• Like 2

11 hours ago, petelempert said:

Classic Fabrication makes a set for first gen Rivs. Good fit. Sightly heavier gauge steel than factory. Not concours quality... made on a bead roller rather than factor press. Still a good value, good specs and easy to weld in. PRL

Good to know, thanks! 

14 hours ago, petelempert said:

Good to see sheet metal items now being reproduced for our Rivieras.  When I restored mine a dozen or so years ago here was NOTHING available in the way of new sheet metal from anyone, other than what good used you could find at wrecking yards.  And finding anything for a Riv locally was just about impossible as the few cars that were in the salvage yards had mostly long ago been crushed or were just too rusty.

The body guy that restored my '65 had to rebuild the trunk floor out of sheet metal, also the inner rear fenders too.  Luckily he was a master at shaping metal.  He even reproduced the gussets in the trunk floor.  His work is holding up fine to this day.