1964 DeVille Conv.

KingKoser05

Hello all,

Recently, my fiance's family has let me dig out the family's 1964 Deville Convertible. This is my second project as I am starting my own shop here in the coming months. 

The story of the car is this. It's a 1964 DeVille Convertible that has been in the family since 1974. It was bought from the original owner for my fiance's mom and siblings to drive to high school. It served as a daily driver for about a decade until it was parked due to age. It was moved around once and awhile when it needed to be moved from barn to barn and was also used in a few weddings. It narrowly missed becoming a casualty in a barn fire in the mid 1990s, although another Cadillac and an Auburn weren't as lucky. The last time the car ran was about six years ago for a wedding and then was put back in the barn. It sat inside out of the weather on a wood floor underneath a car cover. I had known about the car for a long time now, but it was only until recently that I was finally able to work on it.

The car itself if in remarkable shape for what it is. It has had one repaint in the mid 1970s and the interior, drivetrain and top are all original. After decoding the trim tag. It a lower trim level DeVille with the only options being the soft ray glass and power front seats. About 90% of the electrical stuff still works. Currently, It doesn't run, but after a new battery and fresh fluids, it is getting everything but fuel. A new fuel pump will be in order the next time I work on the car. It just needs to be able to run long enough to where I can transport it from where it is on the farm, to my new shop about 10 or so miles away. There it will undergo some routine maintenance as well as some preventative maintenance for the future. I prefer to not have deadlines on cars, but when I do have them, it keeps me motivated, so the deadline for this car is the fall Hershey meet. I'm not sure what I want to do with it there, I am not sure if it would be a candidate for any type of HPOF award or any other class as it will be the first car I ever have in the show. 

I'll update this thread from time to time and will ask questions along the way, as this is one of my first major projects. I will also try to get some better pics when I can.

Alex K.

IMG-4062.JPG

IMG-0117.JPG

IMG-4061.JPG

IMG-0108.JPG