Patrick J Reeve

1925 star parts needed

We  have a 25 star that is missing the starter assembly.  We also need a gas cap.  Any help would be appreciated or if you know any one that might have it would also be helpful.  Also does any one know if there is another continental motor that takes the same starter.  Thank you, Patrick 315-663-1569   

Only info I can give you is that the starters vary in size from Star and Durant.  I replaced a 27 Star motor (6 cyl) with a similar one from a Durant.  Both the Star starter and the Star distributor were larger and did not fit the Durant motor.

Don Schilling (Starman) in Texas may be able to help you.  email him: starman@bigacres.com

All 1925-28 models used Auto-Lite starter MO-4102 and so did the 1928 Durant 55 (Continental14-L) and 1928 Model Star M-2 (Continental W-5).

As a replacement you can probably use an Auto-Lite MZ-4012 starter, which replaced the MO-4012 starter on some Durant models into 1929.

I would have to look up where else these starters had been in use. Peter