1919 Buick Owners

chas1963

To all owners of 1919 Buicks:

This year, in celebration of our wonderful Buicks turning 100, there will be an informal gathering for any and all owners of a 1919 Buick. Your car does not have to be in the show, nor does it have to be roadworthy.  Just come for a champagne toast and a meet and greet.   We will meet at my 1919 H 45 in Class 16 at the AACA Fall Meet (Hershey) show field on Saturday October 12th at 1 PM.  Happy Motoring!

IMG_0002 (Edited).PNG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Charlie,

I am humbly honored by your invitation.  I am pedaling as fast as I can to get my 1916's engine rebuilt so that I can get to the same point as you and Larry were in the above photo.  There is just something about looking out over that hood and fenders that makes the heart beat faster and the senses go on high alert.  I won't be able to get out to Hershey this year, but, I'll be with you guys in spirit.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas  aka  Doo Dah

• Like 1

I'll be glad you relieve you of a glass of champagne if you can pretend my 1918 is a 1919. I've already pretended that it was a 1917 (It was actually made in 1916).

I'm coming to Hershey with one of my cars, not sure which one. The '40 can make it on its own, the 16-19 needs trailered.

Morgan

Hi! Sounds like a nice meeting, would have been perfect if I could join so I had the chance learn from you about these cars. The thing is that my girlfriends family have a 19s Buick in a good condition. Her father passed away a few years ago so I did not have the opportunity to learn anything about the car. The aim we have now is to make a proper service and inspection of the car so we can take it for a ride this summer.

I have good skills for taking care of ”normal” cars and mechanical work. But i dont feel as confident with this very old car. Dont know anything of suitable oil-types, how to keep wooden rims in good condition etc.. would need some kind of service manual.

Does anyone of you have some service-documentation etc. that you can share? Or maybe links to relevant forums for these cars etc.? 

Thank you!