My 23-6-41 is for sale.

As per the title.....I just can't bring myself to take this old girl apart to hot rod it.   My goal is to do a hot rod so I will try to move this car on to someone that is interested.  I'm asking $5000 Cdn  which is what I have into it.  If the distance works out, I may even do a road trip and deliver her for fuel costs.  I live on Vancouver Island....but I love doing road trips.  Used to drive truck ;)

• Like 2

The original ad was on the AACA cars for sale and there were some photos. When he purchased the car last year I think I remember a thread about helping him with what he was going to do with it. I thought there were other photos on it.

OOPS... He probably hit send at the same tome I did.!

Edited by dibarlaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Simnut,   I,m glad you have decided not to hot rod your car.  1923 was the first of the two door touring sedan style,  and looked especialy attractive with the leather covered, attached trunk.  This was then dropped in 1924  and then re-introduced in 1925 without the trunk and was called the coach , becomming Buicks most popular model.  I feel the trunk adds to the looks of the style.  Only 8700 of these were built in 1923 and there would not be many around today.  If I wasn,t on the opposite side of the world,  I would love to have your car.  Hopefully somebody will buy it and restore it to its original splendor.

• Like 3

Hi Simnut:

I live in the Seattle area and have two 23 Buicks.  23 six cylinder Buicks are a transition year and hard to get parts for.  Untill recently there was a 23 Buick newsletter that connected owners.  I have all the past copies.  So - where ever the car goes please pass on my contact information and I will share.  

Art Schick, 360-692-2921, artschick2@gmail.com

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Larry Schramm said:

Now that is a cool looking car. 

Looks like could have come out of the prohibition era from Chicago.

A guy should get it back to it's 20 year old look, dress up as a mob character and just drive it around ;)   It's a car that shouldn't be taken apart for a hot rod.

• Like 5

1048019331_925859510_olddealerphoto.jpg.3cfe5c8ac099c06cc87c714544476b001.jpg.eda478b1d40d742a5e2a5f3d542745eb.jpg 

This looks to be a 1923 model 41 with disk wheels. Great car for enclosed touring comfort. Same problem for me that it is on the other side of the continent.

There was also one for sale near me in Virginia last year. But it was somewhat rough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s on the right side of the border, but the shop is full and I’ve got a number of semi-active projects going on along with maintenance of too many drivers.  It is nice to think about in -30 under the cover of snow.

Good luck.  That would be neat to have to go along with my 4 cylinder 1923.

You shouldn,t have too many problems finding a 1925,   1926 or a 1927  Buick in a 2 door coach,  at a very reasonable price as there were plenty of them manufactured.  In 1925 there were  21,000  Standard,  and 30,000 Masters produced.  In 1926 there were 40,000 Standard and 21,000 Masters produced.  1927   33,000 Standard and 12,000 Masters.  One of these,  that is not running can be picked up pretty cheaply as they are not in high demand.  These would be a much better candidates to be roded,  than the rarer 1923 2 door Touring Sedan.

A quick search found this 1926 on davidsclassiccars.com.   But possibly on older add.

1926-buick-coupe-3.jpg

Edited by ROD W (see edit history)

I know a couple of you have mentioned this and it went right over my head.  This was the only year my model was made, right?  The following year it was a four door without a trunk  and so on. Dang it!  This car deserves to be brought up to par and shown off.  MAYBE my hot rod project should be delayed a year or so?  I will just have to grab a beer, sit down with her in the garage and think.

• Like 1

If instead of building a hot rod and you could restore it at least enough to drive it, you might find a new love in your life.  You do not just drive one of these old cars when put back to original conditions but you really "experience" the car. 

What is even more of a flash back moment is to drive these on dirt roads with trees partially over the road.  You can not get that feeling from any modern car.

The best part is that there are many groups that do just that.  We tour with our old cars, all the way back to the early 1900's.  We headquarter in a hotel for a week and then go out on local excursions each day of maybe 100 miles or so and see the local sites.  Driving to see local sites at +-35 mph gives you a very different and relaxing perspective of life.  It's great.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my 23-6-41 that I'm dealing with.  I have 12 people here on Vancouver Island interested...2 to look tomorrow and a few on the weekend.  They ALL want to restore the car, nothing but, as I have stipulated.  I'll do an update if you wish when something does finalize!  I will definitely provide a link to this awesome group to the new owner also.

On 2/25/2019 at 4:13 AM, ROD W said:

Look what you can get for $12,000 on South Fargo Craigslist,  I know the Can and Aust dollars are both down against the U.S  at the moment,  Makes it more difficult.

01616_isN8MtUrPHi_600x450.jpg

I might be interested if it’s  that clean and running!  My Wife might shoot me but hey a sacrificial wound might be worth it in this case huh? 😳😊😂😂😂😂

i found the listing on CL 🙌🏽

Edited by Crazyfamily (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
21 hours ago, Crazyfamily said:

I might be interested if it’s  that clean and running!  My Wife might shoot me but hey a sacrificial wound might be worth it in this case huh? 😳😊😂😂😂😂

i found the listing on CL 🙌🏽

What year is that and how many made?

Simnut

Thanks for advocating for originality.  I have NO ISSUE with hot rods but always wondered why hot rodders would want to do anything pre 1932 ish. My favorite hot rods are from about 1936 to 1951.  The fatter fenders, smoother lines make for a nicer hot rod, and the frames don't seem as hard to work with. Those 20's cars are boxier for hot rod purposes and you really would need to massage the frames to get modern componentry on there.

Let us know when sold. 

• Like 2
On 3/15/2019 at 8:00 AM, B Jake Moran said:

Simnut

Thanks for advocating for originality.  I have NO ISSUE with hot rods but always wondered why hot rodders would want to do anything pre 1932 ish. My favorite hot rods are from about 1936 to 1951.  The fatter fenders, smoother lines make for a nicer hot rod, and the frames don't seem as hard to work with. Those 20's cars are boxier for hot rod purposes and you really would need to massage the frames to get modern componentry on there.

Let us know when sold. 

At this point, I have 38 people interested LOL.  One gent is coming today and wants to trade his 1988 Camaro Iroc-Z  Cabriole (convertible), all original for my old girl.  He is a Buick man and wants to retain all Buicks .  The other 37 people are waiting to hear what happens today .  Here is a pic of my vision for what I thought was a 1926 2 door sedan:

39643548f32a5e_hd_1926-ford-model-t.jpg

Edited by Simnut (see edit history)

Well...you can all rest easy !  I did make a deal with the gent that came yesterday to look at my car.  He is a die hard Buick man and likes to keep his stuff in original condition.....same will apply to the 23-6-41.   Just a FYI for those that were watching this.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1